Rear PTO Shaft Cover

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
I have a MF GC 1715 and it came without a cover for rear PTO shaft, did they actually come with one or are they just "naked" from the factory.... And YES forward PTO cover that bolts on for MMM PTO is there..... Could not find any rear cover in AGCO parts book....

Dale

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover #2  
My 2015 GC1710 game with pto covers on both pto shafts.

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover #4  
It's part # 3702654M1

If you look at the AGCO parts book it's in the drive train system under pto cover

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover #5  
Here is an informative video on how to replace and maintain the covers.

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover
It's part # 3702654M1

If you look at the AGCO parts book it's in the drive train system under pto cover

So you are saying its the same cover as the forward facing one for forward PTO shaft?....

I saw it but did not correlate it correctly I guess.....

REAR PTO COVER

MID PTO COVER

Thank You...

Dale

Last edited:
   / Rear PTO Shaft Cover #7  
I think they are the same, I take mine off when new and never put them back on.

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover #8  
I have a MF GC 1715 and it came without a cover for rear PTO shaft, did they actually come with one or are they just "naked" from the factory.... And YES forward PTO cover that bolts on for MMM PTO is there..... Could not find any rear cover in AGCO parts book....

Dale

My MF only came with the rear PTO shaft cover, and for the Mid PTO shaft I purchased about a 2' piece of clear plastic tubing from the hardware store along with a PVC pipe end cap to fit over it, and cut the tubing to length of the shaft + 1/2" slipped the end cap over the tubing and wrapped electrical tape around it to secure both parts together.

I also made up these type of shaft covers for the quick hitch and snowblower shafts to keep them clean during storage.

Here's Jacks link:

KC

Jacks Small Engines Search

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover #9  
It looks like 1-1/4 SCH 40 PVC inside diameter will be about .005" over the PTO size....perfect. I have to find a piece to try it out. A piece 3-3/4 long with a cap on it would be just right.

/ Rear PTO Shaft Cover
Good Ideas.... I am not using any PTO implements at this time and I sort of wanted to weather protect it actually by greasing it up well and putting something over it to keep grease in place, if you will pardon the expression, a condom....

Dale