Rear remote, to detent or not to detent?

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #11  
I'd like the valves/control handles to fit and work in the factory location. AT least to start. I really don't want to 'hang' some valves on my tractor, at least not just yet.

I'm still not clear on the terminology of Float, Detent, Spring Return, SCV, Single Acting, Double Acting, Open, Closed. :confused:

A "detent" is a position lock of the control lever that holds it's place (prevents it from self centering)...most spool valves return to center via "spring return"...SCVs, Selective Control Valve)

"Float" is a position of the spool that keeps the load (FEL bucket or attachment) at ground (wheel) level...

A double acting cylinder powers up and powers down...a single acting cylinder powers up but uses gravity to retract...

open center basically means there is always fluid flowing through the system...closed center it does not...

Almost all compact and Sub tractors are open center...

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #12  
I'd like the valves/control handles to fit and work in the factory location. AT least to start. I really don't want to 'hang' some valves on my tractor, at least not just yet.

I'm still not clear on the terminology of Float, Detent, Spring Return, SCV, Single Acting, Double Acting, Open, Closed. :confused:
My custom install on my old L3200 was WAY more OEM looking than Kubotas actual OEM solution at the time clamping them onto the ROPS.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #13  
I know SCV as Self Canceling Valve. It's normally used with ground engagement implements such as a wheel disc. Come to the end of the field and pull the lever to the raise position and it detents there. When the raise cylinder is fully extended the valve self cancels back to center. Make your turn an move the lever to the lower position. It detents there. When the cylinder is retracted the valve self cancels back to center.

I know a Float valve as one that self centers when in the lower or raise position and your hand is removed. The float position is a detent position farther past the lower position. This position opens the valve and lets all fluid freely pass. This creates a "floating" situation which allows the system being controlled to freely move in or out as forces are applied. On a FEL this might be used when pushing snow or back dragging with the bucket. On rear remotes this might be used to "float" your top link cylinder if you have TnT. Or to allow the wheels on your wheeled disc to roll along on the ground without applying any forces to the disc.

This is my moronic view of course. :)

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #15  
Yep, I know of that as well.

In this particular instance we are talking about rear remote valves, not Fel valves. :)

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #16  
I know SCV as Self Canceling Valve. It's normally used with ground engagement implements such as a wheel disc. Come to the end of the field and pull the lever to the raise position and it detents there. When the raise cylinder is fully extended the valve self cancels back to center. Make your turn an move the lever to the lower position. It detents there. When the cylinder is retracted the valve self cancels back to center.

Rear remote on my Kubota (it only has one) is this type and as ovrsvd has said I really like it for such as disking. My JD had dual remotes and they will lock in place and not cancel when cylinder fully extends or retracts and for my use dislike them greatly. No doubt if you were wanting to run a motor or such that would be good.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent?
A "detent" is a position lock of the control lever that holds it's place (prevents it from self centering)...most spool valves return to center via "spring return"...SCVs, Selective Control Valve)

"Float" is a position of the spool that keeps the load (FEL bucket or attachment) at ground (wheel) level...

A double acting cylinder powers up and powers down...a single acting cylinder powers up but uses gravity to retract...

open center basically means there is always fluid flowing through the system...closed center it does not...

Almost all compact and Sub tractors are open center...

Thanks, tractor examples?

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #18  
Rear remote on my Kubota (it only has one) is this type and as ovrsvd has said I really like it for such as disking. My JD had dual remotes and they will lock in place and not cancel when cylinder fully extends or retracts and for my use dislike them greatly. No doubt if you were wanting to run a motor or such that would be good.

Actually not so much. Motor valves typically connect both work ports together or to tank so the motor can slow down. Otherwise the rotating motor turns into a pump & causes a huge pressure spike on one of the lines. A crossover relief or other relief valve can make things work on normal valves though.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #19  
Just to add to the confusion, some tractors have detented valves which cancel with a timer rather than pressure buildup.

/ Rear remote, to detent or not to detent? #20  
Just to add to the confusion, some tractors have detented valves which cancel with a timer rather than pressure buildup.

I did not know that.