Rear Remotes

/ Rear Remotes #1  

Kubota 2350

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 JD 3046R Cab ...................... Mower: 2016 Scag Tiger Cat II ZTM
I want to add rear remotes to my JD 3046, I have one but need another for a top link.
Dealer has a remote to fit this tractor with 3 remotes which is fine, but at the cost of $2200.00 I think it's a bit steep.
Is my dealer out of line on his prices?
Tractor has a cab so maybe that makes the work to install it a lot more, he's saying 6 hours labor for install, the rest of the $2200.00 is for the part and lines.

/ Rear Remotes #2  
That price does seem like your dealer may be looking to buy a new, bigger boat. :laughing:
I'd keep looking around for a single additional remote. That 3 remote he quoted might have just been the first thing he came across in his "book" and he looked no further. There are a lot of thread's here with guy's making up their own or using an aftermarket kit.
Don't I know you from another forum?:D

/ Rear Remotes #3  
For a triple remote kit, that isn't out of line (IMO). Kubota gets $500-800 per section for their rear remotes just in parts, so while $2200 is a hefty chunk of change, it sounds about right for 3 remotes installed.

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Rear Remotes #4  
For a triple remote kit, that isn't out of line (IMO). Kubota gets $500-800 per section for their rear remotes just in parts, so while $2200 is a hefty chunk of change, it sounds about right for 3 remotes installed.

Aaron Z
I would agree. That's also what I first thought. The price is reasonable for 3.

But it sounds like that dealer is trying to sell a triple package rather than just the one additional remote requested. I would shop elsewhere.

/ Rear Remotes #5  
I would agree. That's also what I first thought. The price is reasonable for 3.

But it sounds like that dealer is trying to sell a triple package rather than just the one additional remote requested. I would shop elsewhere.
I would get at least 2 remotes, but if you don't have a need for 3, I can see not wanting to spend the extra coin for the 3rd valve.

Aaron Z

/ Rear Remotes #6  
If you have 1 already I would get 2 more, Total of 3 you might want to add a tilt side link with the top link, And you will have 1 extra

/ Rear Remotes #7  
I want to add rear remotes to my JD 3046, I have one but need another for a top link.
Dealer has a remote to fit this tractor with 3 remotes which is fine, but at the cost of $2200.00 I think it's a bit steep.
Is my dealer out of line on his prices?
Tractor has a cab so maybe that makes the work to install it a lot more, he's saying 6 hours labor for install, the rest of the $2200.00 is for the part and lines.

When I bought my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 I included the triple rear remote option. Dealer's design. $750.

Remotes 5525-2.JPGRemotes 5525-1.JPG

That price is way out of line IMHO. But you did it to yourself when you opted for that tractor with the green and yellow paint job.

Good luck

/ Rear Remotes #8  
When I bought my new 2008 Mahindra 5525 I included the triple rear remote option. Dealer's design. $750.

View attachment 542497View attachment 542498

That price is way out of line IMHO. But you did it to yourself when you opted for that tractor with the green and yellow paint job.

Good luck
Yes, however, anything JD branded has always been way more expensive than Mahindra. Also optional equipment is almost always cheaper when ordered with the original tractor purchase, plus your excellent price was ten years ago.

/ Rear Remotes
If you have 1 already I would get 2 more, Total of 3 you might want to add a tilt side link with the top link, And you will have 1 extra

The valve I have now can't be added to, so they replace the whole thing.

The parts guy looked up the valves, the 2 was only $80.00 cheaper than the 3, so that is what I was going by.
Never hurts to have extra if something else pops up down the road.
Guess when I'm sure we won't get anymore snow I'll get to the dealer to have it upgraded.
Thanks for the help

/ Rear Remotes #10  
The valve I have now can't be added to, so they replace the whole thing.

The parts guy looked up the valves, the 2 was only $80.00 cheaper than the 3, so that is what I was going by.
Never hurts to have extra if something else pops up down the road.
Guess when I'm sure we won't get anymore snow I'll get to the dealer to have it upgraded.
Thanks for the help

Good luck, Post some pictures when you have it installed, Thanks