rear snowblower recommendations

/ rear snowblower recommendations #11  
Ken, I did not necessarily direct my comment at your company, but to clarify, you quote prices and state your sales via the internet do not include tax (if shipped out of your state) and you state your product is assembled and serviced, and that they are new units, and that you have free lift gate truck delivery for easy offloading.

That said, I got mine brand new, delivered right to the 3pt hitch of my tractor, on my driveway. In fact, the dealer I bought it from also is a NH dealer and he made sure it would fit my tractor by attaching it to TC21D (same basice size as my TC24D) and testing it to make sure the PTO shaft was the proper length. He also greased all the points that needed it and made sure the chute rotated, etc. In fact, the value of my time is very important and that is why I did NOT buy from the lowest priced supplier I could find. The dealer I bought from also will be the one doing the warrenty work on my unit and will pick it up free if it requires service during the warrenty period.

In no way did I mean to challenge your business. However, I have seen both lower and higher prices than you charge. I simply pointed out that fact.

The buyer needs to decide what is important to him. Things like time and service are important to me. So is price.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #12  
CORRECTION: I did not mean to imply in my reply to Ken that Sweet Equipment offer free shipping. He does offer some free services like free liftgate use.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #13  
I'm extremely happy with my AgroTrend, (Canadian made) blower. It's 78" wide and my L3710 HST, (30 PTO hp) handles it like a dream. I've been using it for 5 years and have had 0 problems, not even a broken shear pin. It's built like a tank, very heavy, with skid shoes and it's setup for cat 1 and cat 2 pins and has an 60hp gear box.

Last year we saw several storms drop more than 2' of snow, my neighbors had to plow or blow every 8"'s, I simply waited for the storm to end and made 1 pass down and 1 pass up my drive.

We average about 60" of snow/year, with last year hitting 110", so this thing has moved a lot of snow. I cannot say enough good things about this blower. I pushed snow for 12+ years with a plow, on a truck and a tractor, I'll never go back to a plow. With the blower you don't have any snow banks and you only move the snow 1 time.

I clear my 800' drive, my neighbor's 100' drive, 2 turnout areas and 2 mailboxes in under an hour no matter how deep the snow.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #14  
JJT I would really like to see a picture of your AgroTrend blower. How about attaching one for us to see.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #15  
When I was looking around for a blower I noticed the two methods to spin the chute: gear or wire cable. Im wondering if the gear type ever becomes so clogged w/ ice and snow that it wont move well/at all? My blower has the cable 'drive' and I did notice that enough snow can get lodged around the root of the chute to make it difficult to move. It never became so bad that I had to clear it but it was somewhat bothersome.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #16  
jimg. . . I was wondering the same thing about cable versus the gears. Mine is new and has a cable to rotate the chute and I can apparently get an optional hydraulic but chose to try it for a year to see if there was any issue.

It would be nice to know from people who have used theirs for several years which system is better or if they both work?

/ rear snowblower recommendations #17  
My Woods is now 4 years old w/manual rotation chute. No sticking problems on this end. I do give it a shot of WD-40 but then I spray the whole blower with the same stuff before I use it. Keeps the snow from sticking. I think it also keeps the bare metal from rusting until spring when I then power wash and touch up all the scrapes and bruises with paint.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #18  
Is the chute moved w/ gear or cable?

/ rear snowblower recommendations #19  
It has a double wind of aircraft cable. Also appears to be plastic coated.

/ rear snowblower recommendations #20  
Hi farmerdick.How did you like the snow we just got?Or were you the lucky ones that didn't get much?We got at least 2 feet. I have a 54" Puma on the back of a Kubota BX1800.It did a super job,slow due to the hp of the BX,but that Puma threw the snow.I do have a 2120 Ford,but the wife has a hard time with the clutch due to a bad leg.