Rear tine garden tiller

/ Rear tine garden tiller #21  
Tell your senior friend you are shopping tillers and want to see what he recommends. He might just surprise you.

MarkV

/ Rear tine garden tiller #22  
I bought a Cub Cadet rear tine tiller at Tractor Supply three weeks ago. Honda powered, 18" wide, 7" depth. The model escapes me now, but I caught it on sale for right at $700. Comparing spec's, I would have had to spend $500 more to get a Troy Bilt with almost (but not quite) equal features. So far, I'm very happy.

/ Rear tine garden tiller #23  
I didn't know the Craftsman had gone to a Chinese made engine. In 1995, I bought the biggest Craftsman they had at the time (17"), counterrotating, forward and reverse gears, and it was a dandy, but I didn't have it long enough to know how well they hold up. When I got the tiller for the tractor, I sold the Craftsman to a neighbor.

I agree it is a real good tiller we have a 2 year old 900 series Craftsman and it does a good job and it starts like a dream fact after sitting all last winter in my garden shed it fired up the other day on the first pull that impressed me!

The Chinese engine thing is new to me also I thought the engine was a Honda that wasn't badged as such however I even questioned my reasoning on that when I bought it?

It is an exact copy if not an OEM and runs super quiet and smooth just like a Honda oh well it runs great so far I guess I shouldn't complain. My tractor tiller pretty much took over the tilling also all but the small stuff after the garden is up and running but its still nice to have a small tiller for that.

Steve