Rear tire spacing on a MF 35

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #21  
If you flip the rims you will go from 48" center to a 72" center. If that works for you, what murph said would be easy enough. Just a bit of caution. If your tires are filled with liquid be extremely careful. Liquid filled tires are about 250 pounds heavier than one without. Tire and rim + 250 pounds = extreme caution changing them. Ditto. Nice tractor. If your lugnuts are rusty use a socket on a 1" drive and a piece of metal conduit cheater to loosen them or use a propane torch on each nut to heat them up really hot before removal will loosen rusted threads.

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #23  
WilliamTO-35 said:
As you've discovered, there are several rear tread widths available. In my experience, no combination will hit the brake drums. If you do decide to separate the wheel spider ( bolts to the axle) from the outer rim, the outer rim bolt/nuts are sometimes rusted, and not worth reusing. It's a good place to use an impact wrench for removal. However, replacement bolts and nuts are as close as your Lowes store , and inexpensive. The 5/8 inch hot dipped galvanized carriage bolts ( smooth head, square just under the head) are a perfect match for your rim bolt loops. I don't recall the length you need, but that's easy to measure. You'll want some galvanized lock washers too. As for the lug nuts, they're not so easy to replace. Put some penetrating oil on them for a couple of days first. On my 1955 Ferguson TO-35, I've found the lug nuts to be in good shape , and they're easy to remove.

The turf wheels hit the drums if you wanted to try to reverse them, at least mine would on my MF245.

Attachments

• image-1920076089.jpg
    image-1920076089.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 2,574
   / Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #25  
The turf wheels hit the drums if you wanted to try to reverse them, at least mine would on my MF245.

Wow, that's a spread, A wide load.

/ Rear tire spacing on a MF 35 #26  
Looks like it could double as a dragster... As long as you can get enough traction to not slide sideways, you shouldn't have to worry about most any sidehill.

Aaron Z