rear view mirror

/ rear view mirror #1  

albert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat D
Would like to mount a rear view mirror in my 5600. Concerned that the windshield glue-ons my not hold up to the bouncing and jerking. Also wonder if the Bobcat unit has any advantage over the units available at auto parts supply stores. Anybody have any experience with this? Any suggestions regarding alternate ways of mounting?

/ rear view mirror #2  
I think any auto mirror will work just fine. That glue is very tough stuff. Just make sure the windshield is very clean.

I would recommend mounting it a little lower than the BC installed one in the on-road package. I have it tilted as best I can and I have to lower my head to see back down the road any distance and I'm only 5'10".

DEWFPO

/ rear view mirror #3  
I think any auto mirror will work just fine. That glue is very tough stuff. Just make sure the windshield is very clean.

I would recommend mounting it a little lower than the BC installed one in the on-road package. I have it tilted as best I can and I have to lower my head to see back down the road any distance and I'm only 5'10".

DEWFPO

I agree, nothing special about the TC mirror and the glue on mirror should work fine. I also agree about mounting the mirror slightly lower to get a better rear view. Can't see as far back as I would like and I am not tall.

/ rear view mirror #4  
I picked up a generic outside mirror from walmart that screws on with 2 self tapping screws for our montana, mounted right beside the driver platform so it has about a 45 deg angle to show the road behind. Don't know if you have the same position avail on your unit.

Brent

/ rear view mirror #5  
FWIW, my "GEN-U-INE" Bobcat-part, rear view mirror fell to the floor within the first six months of ownership. I called in for warranty service and was a bit stunned when the dealership's $100,000 mobile workshop truck and $100 an hour mechanic arrived to my place to replace it under warranty... but, the replacement mirror has been fine ever since.

I've been using the mirror the last few days, too. Collecting winter deadfall and debris with a grapple and pulling it out of a narrow hole and backing the load down to a burnpile...