Rear wheel spacers

/ Rear wheel spacers #21  
I've tried in vain to obtain spacers for my narrow CUT.

From my parts manual I know my rims are W8X18 rims but so far all those that I've contacted claim to not have the specs. Is there not standard spec documents out there like SAE that exists for most vehicles?
While I can measure, I'd not trust my accuracy enough to do so, nor do I wish to ship a rim 1/2 way across the country. Heck that would cost as much as spacers would.
If you want spacers go to one of the well experienced manufacturers of spacers and they will have exact fitting spacers for your specific machine (assuming they make them for your tractor.) You can certainly trust the Bora brand in that regard. If they have not made them for your brand/model they'll tell you so. If they have then the bugs are out.

/ Rear wheel spacers #22  
I used lugs on the spacers and they give you the room needed.
Should never bore out the holes the bolts go through, that weakens the spacer.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Rear wheel spacers #23  
I used lugs on the spacers and they give you the room needed.
Should never bore out the holes the bolts go through, that weakens the spacer.
if I read him correctly due to damage had to drill out the massey hub holes a touch (clean up?) to put bolt thru not drilling spacer.
so threaded bolt from back side of massey hub then used normal lugnut to hold spacers onto hub?
this is what I am thinking is strongest manner vs holding the plates onto hub with those massey lug bolts due to the extra pressure from leverage.

Dave M., I ended up drilling out the wheel flange bolt holes and used bolts and nuts to hold the spacers on. The spacers loosened up and tore the threads out, so that was the best solution. Worked for years now.
thats what I would expect to happen.
although if not damaged suspect could do like I stated above, had to do it on craftsman tractor I had.had 2 lug bolts strip out and fall off one side so I found bolt of same thread and lugnut that fit that bolt.
put little loctite on bolthead end and inserted from rear, tightened and let cure a bit then put wheels back on with lugnuts.

/ Rear wheel spacers #24  
any issues with massey using lug bolts instead of lug nuts?
The Massey lug bolts have a taper. You have to buy bolts to install the spacers. The bolts you buy have a smaller head, but they are the same shank size.
Then the spacers come with their own studs and nuts for mounting the wheels to the spacers. No issues. Real simple install.

/ Rear wheel spacers #25  
I understand what is suggested BUT in my opinion you are far better off installing spacers exactly the way the manufacturer tells you to. Anything else is a bucket full of worms I would not entertain.

/ Rear wheel spacers #26  
For my GC 1715, BROTEK spacers came with proper studs and lug nuts to hold wheel to spacer and uses the lug bolts that came with tractor to hold wheel to axle to mount spacer to axle flange of tractor.... A proper spacer should not need any extra drilling or substitution or mismatch of bolting materials...

Last edited:
   / Rear wheel spacers #27  
ordered set of these as mentioned earlier in thread.
due in few days.
plan is to run bolt (same thread as massey lug bolts) thru back of axle plate with loctite and nut/lock washer adapter to plate then slap wheels on. tired of lug bolts was gonna convert over to lug nut no matter what anyway so this extra width is just added benefit.

/ Rear wheel spacers #28  
I know its a bit tight but if you tuck in the chains using bungee cords or rope you do not need spacers. I use chains and I have a 60 inch woodmaxx blower..never needed front chains. Chains are not recommended for steering wheels on almost any vehicle even when they are powered. If you break a steering linkage in the middle of a snowstorm-good luck. If you do brave it-keep the wheels strait as much as possible and take it out of four wheel drive when turning.

/ Rear wheel spacers #29  
I know its a bit tight but if you tuck in the chains using bungee cords or rope you do not need spacers. I use chains and I have a 60 inch woodmaxx blower..never needed front chains. Chains are not recommended for steering wheels on almost any vehicle even when they are powered. If you break a steering linkage in the middle of a snowstorm-good luck. If you do brave it-keep the wheels strait as much as possible and take it out of four wheel drive when turning.
not using them due to chains, etc,
the r1 tires narrower than r4 so I lose a bit of edge stability vs r4.
so 46$ of spacers brings my outside tread close to where r4 was.

course the m12 1.5thread bolts gonna cost another 45$ LOL
my backing mount plates great shape so am not gonna drill them, a 40mm long full thread only gives my lug nuts max 1/2 thread grab where a 50mm will give extra.