Ballast Rear wheel weights for a 2720?

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #1  

Qhorse

Any idea of size of rear wheel weights for 2720?

I have been strongly considering rear wheel weights for my 2720 but the dealer price tag has kept me away so far. I found a new used pair from a lawn tractor, says they are 55 lbs and they look pretty large considering he says they fit a lawn tractor. Question, does any one that has them know what size they are and what the weight is, how many bolts are used per weight?
Thanks for the input

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #2  
I had the rears for my 2520 filled with beet juice. Cost me $150.00 for both, added about 225lbs per wheel. No ill effecfts in ride or handling, much better grip and stability.

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #3  
I would imagine that the 2720 uses the same weights that they sell for the 2520. These are 60 lb weights and use two carriage bolts apiece.

Deere says you can use up to three weights per side. I have three weights per side on my 2520 and they are working out fine.

Attachments

• 2520 Miscellaneous 010 A.JPG
    2520 Miscellaneous 010 A.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,227
   / Rear wheel weights for a 2720?
Thank you for the updates and info, I am thinking of going the rear weight route. Thanks again

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #5  
I've been looking for rear wheel weights for the 2720 as well. It seems that there are none available for this model. Does anyone know differently?.....seems like someone would be manufacturing this item.

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #6  
I just put rear weights on my MF1532 . North State Sales Co. , North Carolina , shipped them direct . They sell only to tractor dealers , ordered through my dealer . They offer wheel weights and suitcase weights for most major brands .

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #7  
What was JD asking for the wheel weights?
I'd like a set for my 2520. Maybe 2 sets actually.

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #9  
My understanding is the 2520 and 2720 are the same beast, except that the 2720 has more horsepower ( 31.4 hp ). Wheel weights should be the same on 17.5 rims.

Question : wouldn't a ballast box do better? I live in the Virgin Islands and shipping plus the cost of wheel weights would kill me, so I am going with the ballest box when cash flow is better. This way I can add as much weight as needed for the job I am doing, and go light when its not needed. So far, I have put 32 hours on my 2720 and I am happy with it. learning it's limits is the key to performance, and finding ways around that can be a plus.

Wooden: ....JD 318 (1992) 5 foot Tyler way bush hog, JD 2720 (2010) 200 cx loader, 62D MMM

Loving my Green and Yellow!!!!

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #10  
Ballast box works awesome, but I want added weight when my ballast box is off, and also so I can take a little weight out of the ballast box. The box is great, but it makes it buck alot when you get in rough ground.