Ballast Rear wheel weights for a 2720?

/ Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #21  
That really sucks, but would it be possible to grind the edges to make it fit and also to use 1/2 diameter bolts from the hardware store and washers to attach them? I would think they could be modified to work, although it's terrible they claim if fits but doesn't.

Yes, this might be a relatively easy solution. I had a machine shop skim about 1/8" to 3/16" from the O.D. of the JD 110 LB weights so I could use them on my 3720 R4 rims. It only cost 30 bucks to do this! I went this route because the 55 LB weights offered for these rims cost the same as the 110 pounders and the 55s had to be mounted with long spacers because the ID was too small to get at the wheel bolts properly if I remember correctly. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 276
   / Rear wheel weights for a 2720? #22  
I appreciate your collective opinions on how to make these things work and I'll probably end up doing what you've suggested. I just wanted to save any of you who were thinking about making a "blind" purchase from these folks the trouble of having to "rebuild" the weights after having laid out that kind of money. Again, thanks for your suggestions and comments....that's what makes this site so great!