3-Point Hitch Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #1  

Mn Snowman

Tractor
Bobcat Ct235
My Bobcat dealer called me and informed me there was a recall on the 3pt arms! They came out and replaced them the same day! Does anyone know what was wrong with the arms? Have used my tractor for 1 year pulling a angle blade with no 3pt problems. Has anyone had the arms break or another problem with them?

Also has anyone had problems with the tractor's hydro pedal? Mine wants to continue going forward when the pedal is released. Is the worst when tractor is first used and under load, gets better and operates normal as tractor heats up!

Other than Hydro pedal issue I love the tractor and have had no other issues!

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #2  
I have a 230 and haven't had any issues with the 3pt arms but I have experienced the pedal issue. I notice mine the worst in HI. I mentioned it to my dealer and they tried it when they had it there for something else and he said it was normal. I don't think it is really normal and it is a little dangerous if you are working in tight places.

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #3  
I have a 235 and haven't heard anything from the dealer. There also isn't anything on the dealer or Bobcat website.

I haven't had any issues with the arms ... they work perfectly.

Also, my hydro is working fine. I take my foot off the pedal and it stops immediately.

MoKelly

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #4  
........ I don't think it is really normal and it is a little dangerous if you are working in tight places.

But in tight places you wouldn't be in HI range....or would you. :)

I also would not like a pedal that didn't bring the tractor to a stop when letting off.
Best to have the left foot on the brake for an assist to stop. I could see that being inconvenient too.

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #5  
But in tight places you wouldn't be in HI range....or would you.

Actually, I mow in HI so yes I am in tight places in high. I also said I notice it the most in HI, it does it in the other ranges also but I think since I am going slower it is not as big of deal.

I think I recall reading that others have had the same issue and it helps to keep the linkage well lubricated. I keep mine greased but maybe some additional lube will help.

Do a search in this forum and you can probably find the thread that talks about this.

Best to have the left foot on the brake for an assist to stop. I could see that being inconvenient too.

On a BC, the clutch is on the left side, the brake and the pedal are on the same side.

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #6  
you MOW in High? what kind of mower do you have

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #7  
I have a 72" Caroni finish mower. My ground is flat and I can easily mow in HI. Part of my yard I can mow as fast as the CT230 will go in HI but most of the yard is rough and has lots of trees to mow around so I still mow in HI but don't get to go quite as fast.

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #8  
You must be keeping the grass at 1" high and mowing it every day. Needless to say thats not 2' tall Bahia grass you're mowing. I can't nearly mow anything over 6" in high with my 335 pulling a 60" cutter.

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #9  
You must be keeping the grass at 1" high and mowing it every day. Needless to say thats not 2' tall Bahia grass you're mowing. I can't nearly mow anything over 6" in high with my 335 pulling a 60" cutter.

The deck on the caroni and my ZTR is set at 3". I use the ZTR to "trim" around all the trees and other things.

I mow once a week and the grass gets fairly tall (5"-6") and thick at times but I have not had any issues mowing it. My grass is a mixture of bluegrass/fescue/weeds. I am working on it little by little to eliminate the weeds but with 4 acres, it is too expensive to put down Scott's or something like that. I can spray it with 2-4-d and that is not too expensive.

I would eventually like to move up to a 84" mower to cut down on my mowing time but that may be a few years down the road.

/ Recall on 3pt arms on CT-235 #10  
I love you posts start out with a simple question and get diverted way off the subject of the original question!:laughing: