Recent Pole Barn Cost?

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost? #21  
Just to get some terminology straight, a pole barn uses poles as main load bearing members. They are typically spaced 10' to 20' apart, and support trusses on the same spacing. The roof framing is then completed with purlins from truss to truss, and metal roofing. The walls are framed with girts from pole to pole, and metal siding. Wood poles are usually treated and sunk in the ground, but can be mounted on concrete footings. Metal poles are typically mounted on concrete.

If you are building a stud wall and trusses on 16" or 24" centers, that is not a pole barn, it is a conventionally framed shed. If you want to call it a barn, that is fine, but it's not a pole barn.

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost?
Just to get some terminology straight, a pole barn uses poles as main load bearing members. They are typically spaced 10' to 20' apart, and support trusses on the same spacing. The roof framing is then completed with purlins from truss to truss, and metal roofing. The walls are framed with girts from pole to pole, and metal siding. Wood poles are usually treated and sunk in the ground, but can be mounted on concrete footings. Metal poles are typically mounted on concrete.

If you are building a stud wall and trusses on 16" or 24" centers, that is not a pole barn, it is a conventionally framed shed. If you want to call it a barn, that is fine, but it's not a pole barn.

I know what a pole barn is. I am not looking for a stick build or metal framing.

The barn has to withstand a really high snow load for my area upstate ny. I promise you the trusses will not be any further than 2' apart. Were known to get 4' just in a single day snowfall.

The building I am looking for is not a little shed.

The beams will be placed into the ground and cement will be poured around the beam and the footing making it a POLE BARN.

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost? #23  
The barn has to withstand a really high snow load for my area upstate ny. I promise you the trusses will not be any further than 2' apart. Were known to get 4' just in a single day snowfall.

You can meet snow load ratings with narrow and wide truss spacing. There are competing costs each way. The wider the spacing the heavier the chord elements and the more likely you'll need a crane for assembly, but you'll save on lumber. The narrower the spacing the more lumber you'll use but you can lift it up there more easily. There is also the option of stick building the roof. If you want to be able to store anything up in the attic area you'd be better off stick building. If you're having someone build it for you, they'll have a crane so the cheapest approach would probably be trusses spaced the same as your poles.

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost? #24  
I built a 48'x30" back in the spring. I had the folks I bought the material from put up the posts, trusses, and roof. I also had someone finish the concrete for me. The rest I did myself with some help from family. Total cost was about $25,000. If I would have not built the stall and tack room, it would have been much cheaper. The walls and roof are insulated. All the structure is galvenized box tubing. 12' foot eaves, trusses on 12' centers. I do not have to worry about snow though. It has snowed I think five times in my life in south La. It was not finished in the photo. Just had a few smatt things to finish up though. barn.JPG

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost? #25  
I know what a pole barn is. I am not looking for a stick build or metal framing.

The building I am looking for is not a little shed.

The beams will be placed into the ground and cement will be poured around the beam and the footing making it a POLE BARN.

I understand your need for the extra snow load. When built here in Iowa there is a truss on every post. Usually 7 to 9 feet apart. When you space the trusses so close together for snow load what is the spacing on the poles?

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost? #26  
we just built a Morton barn 36x75x12, two 36" door, one 12x12 garage door, two windows at 56000 plus about 1000 for bulldozer site preparation, 2700 for sever connection to the septic and water connection and 600 for gravel. The barn is fully insulated and finished in rib metal inside and out and had 6" re-bar reinforced floor.

/ Recent Pole Barn Cost? #27  

The spacing of the roof trusses has nothing to do with their snow load carrying capacity. For lots of good information on pole building trusses read: It Isn't Your Grandpa's Barn