Recently New Owner of BX2360

/ Recently New Owner of BX2360 #1  

V1BuzzBomb

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB
Purchased June 1 2020, took delivery about one week later from MB Tractor in Conway NH.
2011 BX2360
Loader and Bucket (didn't necessarily need or want but it came with it)
54" Deck
Snow Blower
Power Angle Plow. (didn't necessarily need or want but it came with it)
Based on hazard light placement and bolt evidence, it had a grass catcher but I didn't get it.
319 Hours
Seems overall fairly clean, not abused, with minor used tractor flaws.
Purchase was made because of price, equipment and compactness.
There is no JD 102X that's even close in size. It's about the size of JD X5XX or X7XX
We have countless obstructions in the yard and other than the Massey, this has about the smallest ROPS out there. The ROPS on other SCUTs have become ginormous, especially the JD 102X. They seem to be 8'-9' tall!
kubotamb1.jpgkubotamb2.jpgkubotamb3.jpg

Last edited:
   / Recently New Owner of BX2360
Since purchase and looking forward, here are plans...
Fix small issues. (in process, ongoing)
Add 3 point hitch receiver (done)
Add brush guard (done)
Add tool box (almost done)
Fabricate custom 3ph weight box, compact, that contours within 3ph arms.
Retrofit BX80 quick-tach mounting plate and bucket (on order)
Add Original Tractor Cab hardtop/softside cab with glass windshield and wiper, for winter, will probably require windshield defroster.
Add power beyond and other auxiliary hydraulics wherever I can.
Might consider 60" deck but probably never find one in condition and price I could justify.
Retrofit snowblower chute rotator and deflector (non-manual, undecided)
Grass catcher (on the fence on this one)

Last edited:
   / Recently New Owner of BX2360 #3  
Good looking unit! Welcome to the site and enjoy your new machine. Just bought a 2380 from MB in Gorham, Maine. Good folks!

Found adjustable 3ph RH drop link nearly seized, disassembled, lubed, reinstalled, readjusted.
Missing 3ph top link support, added.
3ph sway links misadjusted and RH turnbuckle screw bent, ordered new one.
Both 912 taillight bulbs burned out, replaced.
Missing deck deflector, pin, spring, added.
Lower Rear diff. cover plate boss for PTO had upper clip slot broken out, care not to replace part at this time, or ever. Cut stainless hose band clamp with no serrations, flattened, bent tab. Bought another 3"-4" band clamp, slipped manufactured tab in between, wrapped boss with clamp and tightened.
kubotaptocapbefore.jpgkubotaptocapafter.jpg

Last edited:
Almost done with 30 Cal. ammo can tool box. Plated one side and added smaller plate inboard as well, drilled two small drains just in case, but expecting and hoping for water proof. Mounting to SMV bracket on ROPS. Fabrication done now, in process of paint and sealing now. Results confirm inclination and design...it is very rigid because of plate despite being cantilevered. I think I could stuff it with lead.

Attachments

• kubotatoolbox1.jpg
    kubotatoolbox1.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 157
Would like to add reverse lights. I would likely trigger off treadle with a finger micro-switch under the pan. Anyone ever done this with BX and treadle?

Good looking unit! Welcome to the site and enjoy your new machine. Just bought a 2380 from MB in Gorham, Maine. Good folks!

Thanks. BX2380 is nice, did you get skid steer attach option?
I got quote from MB on BX2380, loader, quick tach, 3rd function, deck, grass catcher, snowblower, power beyond, etc., came in over $27k. I just couldn't justify that coin trying to fill the small window between all the other equipment I have.

/ Recently New Owner of BX2360 #8  
I had an Original Cab with glass windshield and wiper and if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have bothered with the wiper. The reverse slant of the windshield means you don't use the wiper all that often; a good coat of Rain-X would work just fine. Also, I never had problems with fogging. I now have a Curtis with heater and while it's nice, I use the wiper a lot more due to the opposite slant of the windshield from the Original.

I had an Original Cab with glass windshield and wiper and if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have bothered with the wiper. The reverse slant of the windshield means you don't use the wiper all that often; a good coat of Rain-X would work just fine. Also, I never had problems with fogging. I now have a Curtis with heater and while it's nice, I use the wiper a lot more due to the opposite slant of the windshield from the Original.

Thanks for the insight. As the glass windshield and wiper are non-prerequisite add-ons, I can try with the standard lexan and see. If circumstances later necessitate, I can add those options afterwards.

Sold the ballast box as received from sale. Ended up purchasing Cat.1 standard heavy hitch with suitcase weight bracket and eight suitcase weights.

Attachments

• heavyhitch2.jpg
    heavyhitch2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
  • heavyhitch1.jpg
    heavyhitch1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125