Recently New Owner of BX2360

/ Recently New Owner of BX2360
Took over two months to get my BX80 quick tach plate. Swap out as follows; three nuts off, three bolts out, three pins out, old bucket off, situate BX2410 plate, install three pins, install three bolts, install and tighten three nuts, grease, latch on BX2448.

Attachments

• kubotaquicktach1.jpg
    kubotaquicktach1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
Update...tractor configuration/reconfiguration nearly complete with few open items (some new)
Fix small issues. (in process, ongoing) snowblower chain loose, set-screws on upper sprocket loose so sprocket floating, tightened and loctite.
New Oil, OEM oil, fuel and hydrostatic filters
New fan/wp/alt. belt
Add 3 point hitch receiver and ballast (done, Heavy Hitch and eight 42 lb. weights)
Add brush guard (done, BX2413)
Add tool box (done)
Fabricate custom 3ph weight box, compact, that contours within 3ph arms.(opted out, Heavy Hitch and eight 42 lb. weights)
Retrofit BX80 quick-tach mounting plate BX2410 and bucket BX2448 (done, installed)
Add Original Tractor Cab hardtop/soft-side cab for winter (Done, 11970, glass windshield, wiper, heater, will determine as winter progresses)
Add power beyond and other auxiliary hydraulics wherever I can. (Bought tractor side loop pieces for BX25 to replace single hard line for power beyond, not yet installed)
Might consider 60" deck but probably never find one in condition and price I could justify.
Retrofit snowblower chute rotator and deflector (Bought, BX2754A, installed, tested, electric deflector TBD)
Grass catcher (on the fence on this one)
Reverse lights, triggered off treadle with a finger micro-switch under the pan.(Done, two LEDs, working perfect)
Might like to add third function kit
Tire chains (will determine as winter progresses)
Sold original bucket and Titan weight box as miniscule offset of the boatload of money I've spent!

Attachments

• kubotacab4.jpg
    kubotacab4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • kubotahydrotator.jpg
    kubotahydrotator.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Procured locally, pair of Bolens 50 pound (per) wheel weights, $75/pair. These are ideal as they are unbranded, neither FMC or BOLENS cast. I need to refinish in Kubota orange, obviously, and obtain carriage bolts.

Hydraulic rotator completed, installed and tested. Also completed electric deflector. I added a 4 position fuse box, circuit breaker and relay so as to run with ignition power versus constant hot. I actually piggy-backed the cigarette light for my signal wire to the relay, all tested, works great. I also joystick mounted toggle switch for one handed operation.

All this will guarantee that we will have no snow this winter!

Attachments

• kubotabx2750.JPG
    kubotabx2750.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 97
  • kubotawiring.JPG
    kubotawiring.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 95
  • weightbolens.JPG
    weightbolens.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 104
  • kubotaswitch.JPG
    kubotaswitch.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Snow-blowed through the winter, setup worked great, will throw concrete. I rarely used 4x4 even with turf tires. With the hydraulic rotator and cab, the stick would hit the door frame with loader valve in float and trying to rotate chute to the right in required second detent. I also found the rotation to be too quick even with supplied restrictors (.062" I think)

As 'George the Beagle' suggested, I really never had to clear the lexan windshield or issues with visibility or fogging. There is so much air movement through the cab with the reverse flow fan/radiator on the BX. I even find mowing with the doors on in hot weather not too offensive because of the air flow. Although, the battery cover/screen gets riddled with white dandelion and other light organic matter that gets drawn through.

Last edited:
I finally refinished weights and coated in Rustoleum Allis Chalmers orange. Color seems to match better than any less expensive Kubota color. I'm nearing 500 lbs. ballast!
kubotabolens.JPG
kubotajune2021.JPG

/ Recently New Owner of BX2360 #16  
Looks like a great machine! Thanks for sharing.

Two new additions since last post.

Installed glass windshield and electric wiper.
Bought new RCK60B23BX 60" MMM deck from private party.
Purchased Summit 3rd Function Kit (not yet installed)
Purchased BX7326 Rear Remotes Kit (not yet installed)

Last edited: