Rechargeable batteries

/ Rechargeable batteries #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
My cell camera eats batteries. Any good AA rechargeable options? What brand the best? Need 12 batteries at a time.

/ Rechargeable batteries #2  
12 AA batteries in series is 18 volts. If pratical,I suggest an 18v rechargeable power tool battery worn on your belt or fanny pak and attached to camera with a cord. You will get much longer service between charges.

/ Rechargeable batteries #3  
Eneloop (sp) were always a good choice of battery.
Also as Jaxs said but you can buy an external rechargeable pack if you can plug it into your camera, not all cameras have an external jack though, most have a voltage selection option.

/ Rechargeable batteries #5  
Most of the rechargeable AA batteries only have an output of 1.2 volts. Be sure the camera will run at the lower voltage or see if it has the ability to install more batteries. Some will come with a jumper pack you can replace with batteries in case of using rechargeables. If your camera requires the 18 volts from regular 1.5 volt AA batteries you would need 15 of the rechargeable types.

/ Rechargeable batteries
Most of the rechargeable AA batteries only have an output of 1.2 volts. Be sure the camera will run at the lower voltage or see if it has the ability to install more batteries. Some will come with a jumper pack you can replace with batteries in case of using rechargeables. If your camera requires the 18 volts from regular 1.5 volt AA batteries you would need 15 of the rechargeable types.

Good to know. I will Che k on that

/ Rechargeable batteries #7  
There are several variations in AA rechargeable batteries.
If your equipment works with the slightly lower voltage the Eneloop is a safe choice.
Amazon came out with their own brand AmazonBasics.
Both brands come in 2 flavors - 2100Mah and 2500 Mah with appropriate pricing.
I've been very pleased with the 2500's.

But be careful because the higher capacity Amazons are purported to be slightly larger in diameter.
Sometimes you can find the Eneloop on better prices than the Amazons.

/ Rechargeable batteries #8  
Eneloop is the number one best rechargeable battery i have ever seen. and i use a ton, i prolly have close to 100 of them

be aware there is a x version which is a higher MA version but with a higher discharge rate, they are black, and cost slightly more, if your discharging your battery's in under a year, the x's make more sense.

i also strongly recommend this charger, as it can discharge your batterys down and back up automatically. keeps them very healthy

Amazon.com: La Crosse Technology BC1 Alpha Power Battery Charger: Home Audio & Theater

/ Rechargeable batteries #9  
When using a battery pack on my cameras (Nikon DSLR) I am able to programme in what type of battery it is so it is compatible, don't know if your camera has this capability but worth looking at the menu.
This is for the battery pack that is an extension of the body not an external pack plugged into the body.

/ Rechargeable batteries #10  
Another satisfied user of Eneloop (standard white ones). Found them to have good capacity, hold their capacity while in storage and accept many recharge cycles. I've used other brands along with the Eneloops over the last 7 years and the others don't have the life or performance. At this point I don't even consider other brands.

Another vote for the La Crosse charger.

As others have mentioned, voltage is an issue and might need to be accounted for in your application. Also keep in mind Alkaline batteries typically measure 1.65 volts or so when new.