Recognizing A Scam

/ Recognizing A Scam #11  
One thing you can do is copy the title of the ad, or some part of the body of the post and Google it. Usually the SAME ad will pop up on Craigslist in a number of other cities. Proof positive it is a scam. Flag it and move on to the next one!!! I really like CL, but hate the A-hole's that want to screw it up for all the rest of us honest folks.

/ Recognizing A Scam #12  
If the phone # is listed, I do a 411 search to confirm it is real and usually even get the seller's name and address.
Google map also shows me where he is located which should agree with the phone listing.
First sign of possible scam is Email addy ONLY and usually it will be a google type email. or hotmail.

/ Recognizing A Scam #13  
I usually just browse on Craigslist. The only time I will buy if the seller lives close and has listed their phone number, otherwise I go on about my business. You just have to remember, you can and want to find a good deal but common sense goes a long way.

/ Recognizing A Scam #14  
If the phone # is listed, I do a 411 search to confirm it is real and usually even get the seller's name and address.
Google map also shows me where he is located which should agree with the phone listing.
First sign of possible scam is Email addy ONLY and usually it will be a google type email. or hotmail.

If you do that with me, you would assume I'm a scammer. I'm still using a cell phone with a number from Mississippi, but I'm in West Virginia now.

/ Recognizing A Scam #15  
You would probbaly think my ads are fake then... I use Gmail and dont generally give out a phone number until I have one from the other person...
Most of the scams I see are from Hotmail or Yahoo addresses.

Aaron Z