Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #1  

Spike56

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2355
I have a FEL and am finding the need to carry tools along with me, shovels / rakes, chain saw, barbed wire, posts.... Any thoughts on a good 3-point carry-all ?

J.

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #2  
I find useful the old file cabinet I modified to go on my 3 point trailer hitch receiver. I also have a Harbor Freight cargo platform I use sometimes.

file2.jpg
file4.jpg

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #3  
Big Tool Rack is very popular. It is also expensive, but nice. If you are handy, it is cheaper to build your own and you custom make it to your own needs.

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #4  
I find useful the old file cabinet I modified to go on my 3 point trailer hitch receiver. I also have a Harbor Freight cargo platform I use sometimes.
Hilarious and practical. I always have unused file cabinets sitting around. What is that setup you have on the 3PH to which the file cabinet mounts?

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #5  
It's just a drawbar, 2" receiver tube and some steel bars. It's set up for my Quick Hitch.

hitch2.jpg

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #6  
I put a couple of plastic pipes (4) in my ballast weight when I cast it.... Now working on a tool holder that consists of old steel pan/wagon body and a rack arrangement that will mount on QH when ballast box is not in place... Most manufactures racks seem way to big and takes up to much space on small tractors...

Dale

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #7  
Wish I had a better pic, but I bought the frame from tractor supply. Been very handy.
61678044262__929A01B4-9BA8-4956-83CA-E2DC26E52F9C.jpg

/ Recommendation for 3-point tool carrier #8  

View attachment 692211View attachment 692212

That’s clever use for a file cabinet.

I use old file cabinets in the shop and barn for mouse proof storage. Have to cover the bottom with sheetmetal or plywood. Some are on casters. The old government file cabinets are considerably heavier, sturdier than newer ones.

IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG

Have to carry tools and use 3pt and FEL equipment.