Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover?

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #1  

welyell

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
Has anyone had a custom cover (similar to a full truck/car cover) cover made for their tractor? Any recommendations for businesses that do this? Wondering what a "quality" cover for an Kubota L4701 size with a BH92 attached, or a similar sized tractor/loader/backhoe setup would cost.

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #2  
Don't it will attract mice that like to nest in dark/safe places. Unless you don't mind having your seat and wiring chewed up.

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #3  
Around here they call tractor covers sheds.

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #4  
Boat mariners make good covers that would work but I don't think it's a good idea, as said chewing will be a problem, an open ended shed or something of the sort is a much better option. Here is my tractor port, it costs me about $700 to build..

Attachments

• blizzard.JPG
    blizzard.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 165
  • snow13.jpg
    snow13.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
   / Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover?
Just exploring options for storage. I hadn't thought about the very valid point of mice/rats sheltering under the cover. Difficult decisions when you live in a state with outrageous property taxes. Just changing my garage door from a 7' to a 9' would result in an increase in the thousands for my assessed property value :( An open ended carport style shelter would be even more for the tax man to take away from my income :(

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #6  
Just exploring options for storage. I hadn't thought about the very valid point of mice/rats sheltering under the cover. Difficult decisions when you live in a state with outrageous property taxes. Just changing my garage door from a 7' to a 9' would result in an increase in the thousands for my assessed property value :( An open ended carport style shelter would be even more for the tax man to take away from my income :(

WOW, that's crazy..

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #8  
Hard to believe a 9' door would do that to your taxes and I come from a very tax happy state. Anyway - I have some equipment covered/tarped and some like my dozer left open. The mice like all of them cover or not. All they want is a high and dry nook some where.

If you cover it just make sure there is plenty of ventilation. Just a tarp folded neatly works good.

P1170165.JPG

gg

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover? #9  
You might check out cover my tractor.com. I bought one of theirs to cover an L3400 before I had a pole barn. It was well made and custom fitted.

/ Recommendations for Custom Tractor Cover?
Hard to believe a 9' door would do that to your taxes and I come from a very tax happy state. Anyway - I have some equipment covered/tarped and some like my dozer left open. The mice like all of them cover or not. All they want is a high and dry nook some where.

If you cover it just make sure there is plenty of ventilation. Just a tarp folded neatly works good.

View attachment 569919

gg

No state income tax. They take in the money through property and sales tax. As an example, our sales tax in my county is 10%.