Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England #11  
If you are simply looking for a 50+ hp large good condition tractor.. I'd start looking for ford 5000, and 7000's that gets you into the 60 and 70 hp range. Good parts support, etc.

Like I said.. In my neck of the woods, it is not uncommon to see large ag tractors up to 130 hp on the side of the road for 6k. I passed on a tw30 a while back for a real low price. Kentucky must be devoid of tractors.

Also.. lots of county maintained equipment goes for right at 10k.. big suckers, like my NH 7610s ( though i got mine at the dealer.. etc ).

Soundguy

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England #12  
I would definitely pass on the tractor for 15000. Here in northwest florida andsouth Alabama you can buy a new 471 which is rated 60 pto hp for about 16500 or so or maybe even less if you don't get the independent pto. This is a brand new tractor with full 2 yr warranty. If you wanted to sell it anytime soon you would get much more for it than the recon tractor.

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England
Soundguy I would not want a tractor larger than a 60s PTO, or 72 PTO. I would love to find one of those old Fords in the 1980s year that is a 5610 or 6610 with a cab. These tractors in Kentucky sell for $16500.00 or more with 3000 or more hours on them. A couple of weeks ago I did find a 6610 Ford with cab for $14500.00. It was eat up in high hours. Oh myyyyyy you should have seen it. The tractor looked worn out, and had rust all over it. All 4 tires were worn out. They were almost slicks. Inside the cab was a mess. You need to bring some of those old cheap Florida tractors to Kentucky to sell.

Thanks for your reply about this tractor.

Cabinholler

floridahay I will probably pass on this recondition 390 Massey Ferguson tractor for $15,000.00.

The cheapest 471 new Massey Ferguson tractor without shuttle that I can find in Kentucky so far is $17,300.00. I cannot find any at $16,500.00 or cheaper.

By the way, there is a dealer here in the county that I live in that has a 2001 Massey Ferguson 271X tractor that is round a 59 or 60 PTO with a little over 400 hours on it, and he wants $14,500.00 for this tractor. He will not sell it for one red cent less either. I have tried 3 or 4 times to buy this tractor for less, but he always says I got to have $14,500.00 for it. Most dealers here set a price that they want for their tractors. Take it, or leave it. If a buyer can get $500.00 off of a price, they are flying.

Thanks for you post about this tractor.

Cabinholler

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England #15  
I just got a fastline magazine yesterday and they had a Mf271XE which is listed as a 2002 model for 12,900 at Snead Tractor Company in Snead Alabama. It says the tractor only has 203 hours which is about new. Their phone number is 256-927-5454 or 256-927-5455. If the tractor is nice it might be worth your time. There certainly is big differences in prices indifferent areas of the country!

I just got a fastline magazine yesterday and they had a Mf271XE which is listed as a 2002 model for 12,900 at Snead Tractor Company in Snead Alabama. It says the tractor only has 203 hours which is about new. Their phone number is 256-927-5454 or 256-927-5455. If the tractor is nice it might be worth your time. There certainly is big differences in prices indifferent areas of the country!

Floridahay

I appreicate your info on this 2002 271XE Massey Ferguson tractor in Snead, AL. that has 203 hours on it for $12,900.00. This good be a good deal if someone has not beat this tractor up, and let it set out in the weather all the time.

Yes, you are right. Same size and brand tractors in different parts of the country are priced differently.

Thanks for your post.

Cabinholler

Floridahay

I appreicate your info on this 2002 271XE Massey Ferguson tractor in Snead, AL. that has 203 hours on it for $12,900.00. This good be a good deal if someone has not beat this tractor up, and let it set out in the weather all the time.

Yes, you are right. Same size and brand tractors in different parts of the country are priced differently.

Thanks for your post.

Cabinholler

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England #18  
FYI, I am in Southern Illinois. A friend has a 65hp US model Zetor 4x4 with cab and loader with 480hrs for $12,500. It is in good shape ,not showroom shape. I did some research on Zetor. I am much more impressed with them that when I started. This info is just to use as a reference. The more info you have the better buyer you are.

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England #19  
Wow.. I just don't see how they can sell for those high prices. Around here.. you can even get 80-90 hp machines.. late 90's production for the mid teens$$.

( Alabama and kentucky must really need tractors.. )

Soundguy

/ Recondition Massey Ferguson tractors from England #20  
Maybe some price fixing going on. I can't get a MF dealer, that is less than 100 miles from here, to quote me a price on a new MF461. He tells me I should talk to a more local dealer.