Recovered

/ Recovered #1  

Trainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 220-4
Last November I had a tractor stolen. The thief sold it cheap to someone, who wanting to make a quick profit but not knowing it was stolen, placed it beside the highway with a for sale sign. The Sheriff's Deputy say the tractor. He took the pictures I provided with the report and then called me. I described the dents and scratches. He said it was my tractor. In short I got the tractor back.

He told me there are a lot of tractors being stolen in the US and chopped. The parts are sold on ebay and similar sites. Parts with serial numbers go the scrap dealer.

Glad I got the tractor back.

/ Recovered #2  
Congrats on the recovery.Maybe we all should get a big mean junkyard dog and teach him to sleep under our tractors.

/ Recovered #3  
So far, tractor rustlin' isn't something that is happening here where I live. I may need to brand my Massey! Of course there are other forms of theivery taking place. A friend of mine at work speculated that a lot of "great" deals on e-bay may be stolen.

/ Recovered #4  
Makes me think I should use that cheap Harbor Freight metal engraver I just bought to engrave the serial number all over my tractor. And then I'll engrave a note on the dashboard - "This tractor engraved for theft protection" - or something like that.

KEG

/ Recovered #5  
KEG said:
Makes me think I should use that cheap Harbor Freight metal engraver I just bought to engrave the serial number all over my tractor. And then I'll engrave a note on the dashboard - "This tractor engraved for theft protection" - or something like that.

KEG
You may be joking, but it's probably a good idea.

/ Recovered #6  
How about a motion detector that activates about 3-4 laser pointers in different locations that are aimed at the tractor. A note on the dash giving 5 seconds to leave the property or suffer the consequences.... Of course you may need to hose the seat off on occasion.

jb

/ Recovered #7  
Our local JD dealer leaves his lawn mowers sit out all the time and for awhile he was having them stolen at a fast clip. Never heard if any were ever recovered.
I'm glad Trainer that your machine was found, hopefully the thief is behind bars?

/ Recovered #8  
Stealing a man's tractor is down right dirty. The thief ought to be strung up. Having said that, if I was a thief I think tractors would be a good target because I see way to many being left out in the wide open, unsecured. I'm talking new 4x4, w/loader and the works. I'm not saying some owners deserve it, but they are asking for it.
I'm glad you got your tractor back and hope it was not damaged in any way.

/ Recovered #9  
I truely believe most of the thefts these days are drug related.People get desperate when they need a fix and will do what ever to satisfy their need.I live out in the country and my neighbors on both sides know our schedule and when we will be out of town.They watch for me and in return I watch for them.So far it has worked.1 neighbor asked me what he wanted him to do if he caught somebody, shoot them or tie them to a tree so I could shoot them myself.It sounds funny but he is serious.I am happy you got your tractor back.I have never fared that well.Good luck to you.

/ Recovered #10  
oscer said:
Congrats on the recovery.Maybe we all should get a big mean junkyard dog and teach him to sleep under our tractors.

I have a 90# 4 legged tractor thief deterrent :D! She also keeps UPS, Fedex, DHL away :(. Jay