red diesel AND non ethanol gas!

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas!
There is a form you fill out when you file your taxes, at least here in Oregon. I think it is a federal form, though.

yep, federal form.. I see it on out 1040 the cpa fills out.. etc..

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #32  
I have filled out the tax return to get my road tax back but for the last few years it was not worth the time to fill out. :laughing:

Non commercial vehicles have been tested and caught using off road diesel. Apparently this is common at NASCAR races. Lots of diesel PUs pulling trailers and RVs so it would be an easy place to check. One guy got caught running 100% bio he had made, or WVO, in his Mercedes and thus had not paid any road tax. The fine kinda negated his fuel savings. :laughing:

Later,
Dan

now see.. with the need for bio fuels and whatnot.. there should be some reduced tax you could pay to run your own bio. I know road tax is a tax based on road use for reapir and maint.. but if they made it easier to comply.. I think many would..

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #34  
You might be surprised at how many off road operators like farmers etc use road fuel for everyday use including off road so they dont get nailed. And turn in the tax for refund it isn't the immediate gratification of saving $.50 a gallon at the point of sale but some people are patient.

I know a guy who has a bulk tank in his bed for fueling tractors in the field thats how he does it the end is the same and he fills the pickup out of it most of the time also.

/ red diesel AND non ethanol gas! #35  
I worked at a gas station in the late 80s (before dyed and undyed). All diesel was dyed, and if it was for farm use, we would fill out the receipt as such and deduct the the taxes right on the spot. You still paid the tax at the pump for farm gasoline in Iowa, and you get you tax back when you fill out a refund form with your taxes. You must be a farmer. You can't do this for lawnmower gas. (good reason to get a compact diesel tractor, I guess). I don't farm, but go to a lot of farm sales and tractor shows. I would never think of putting dyed fuel in my pickup. The DOT likes to go to those type of places and start sticking tanks on every diesel truck there. The dye sticks around for a long time and they fine even if it is just a trace of dye.

it DOES dilute and stay traceable for a wile.. for sure!