REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #1  

JLoaf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 DT & B2710
I HAVE A KUBOTA 3830 DT AND I'M ABOUT TO CHANGE HYD/TRANS FLUID. THE LOCATION OF THE FILL HOLE IS BEHIND AND BELOW THE SEAT. I'M SCRATCHING MY HEAD ABOUT HOW TO RE-FILL (12 GAL) WITHOUT MAKING A TERRIBLE MESS /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. MY LOCAL DEALER OFFERS FLUID IN 1 GAL AND 5 GAL CONTAINERS. I WOULD PREFER TO GET THE 5 GAL BUCKETS BUT CAN'T SEE HOW TO GET THE FLUID TO THE HOLE WITHOUT A LOT OF CUSSIN' /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif !!
I DON'T PARTICULARLY WANT TO BUY A PUMP. I THINK IT WOULD HELP IF I COULD REMOVE THE TOOL BOX BUT THIS DOESN'T LOOK FEASIBLE.
ANY SUGGESTIONS??

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #2  
Hi...

Funnel with a looooong neck... pour 5-gal into small container 1st...

I got one at NAPPA Auto Parts... dosen't have the flexible neck... which will be a plus... <$5...

3315p.jpg

Dave...

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #3  
I have to do it also .. actually I am late, 80 hr total .. I was planning to get the 5 gal buckets and sit one on the tool box and try to syphon it in with a hose .. I think if I get the oil warm it should work. Anybody try this yet ? ..Bill

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830
I think if I wire a funnel to the ROPS to hold it steady and clamp a hose to the funnel and run it to the hole, I might not lose as many gallons as I first thought.
Anybody know what that brass-looking hook below the toolbox is for ???

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #5  
I haven't looked at the filler location on the new L30 series, but if it is anything similar to my L4610, yes you are going to have a lot of fun refilling the juice! The long funnel, or a funnel with a tube on the end will work, but the fluid flows very slooowwwllllyyyy through the funnel spout, even in warm weather. It helps if you rig up some means of securing the funnel so you don't have to hold both it and the jug at the same time. Unless you are a bodybuilder or want to be one, stick with the 1 gal jugs!

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #6  
If it the one I think you are talking about it is to hole the top link when there is no impliment on the 3 pt.

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #7  
WE have a 24" 1' diameter hose that screws on to the 5 gallon pail that is very easy to use with them.

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1' diameter hose )</font>

Now that would be a big hose! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #9  
Yes it would be, but it would not take much time to get 15-20 gallons down the hose!

/ REFILLING HYD/TRANS FLUID ON L3830 #10  
<font color="red"> Anybody know what that brass-looking hook below the toolbox is for ???
</font>
Higgy got it, to hold the top link when not in use. I was wondering the same thing and ran by the dealer to look at the botas on the lot.
TXDon