Registering a New Trailer in Maine

/ Registering a New Trailer in Maine #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
I have a new, custom 9900lb Sure Trac trailer that was just delivered to the dealer that I need to pic up with temp tags the dealer will provide. I am considering registering it out of state in Maine. I have heard a little about the process (like registering for 5-10 years), anyone have experience? Thank you...

/ Registering a New Trailer in Maine
Yep, that’s it. 5 years = $100, 10 years = $200. Thank you.....

/ Registering a New Trailer in Maine #4  
Plus the sales tax, That why I reg in NH, My buddy reg flatbeds in Maine no sales tax...

Exactly.........

/ Registering a New Trailer in Maine #6  
Get a MD title from the dealer.
Used to live in MD and regularly went through the scales on rt 70 with a 20ton and ME plates. Never had a problem.
I've even used them for a small 5x10 (in MD) with no issues. I believe that they technically for semi trailers, they are embossed with "semi permanent" across the bottom. I dealt with MMTA - Maine Motor Transit Association when I was in MD, very friendly and helpful folks, they should have a website.

Get a MD title from the dealer.
Used to live in MD and regularly went through the scales on rt 70 with a 20ton and ME plates. Never had a problem.
I've even used them for a small 5x10 (in MD) with no issues. I believe that they technically for semi trailers, they are embossed with "semi permanent" across the bottom. I dealt with MMTA - Maine Motor Transit Association when I was in MD, very friendly and helpful folks, they should have a website.

Huh? Makes no sense to this thread. ??

LOL, you caught me in mid-edit. I am purchasing the trailer out of my home state (but relatively close) because I have dealt with that dealer before. I cannot 'get a MD title from the dealer', I believe they will provide a statement of origin to be used for the initial registration. My plan is to register in Maine. thanks

/ Registering a New Trailer in Maine #10  
Did you figure out the savings between the two states?