Oil & Fuel Regular oil or synthetic

/ Regular oil or synthetic #21  
Here's a thought. All modern oil is synthetic, to a large degree.

The whole dino versus synthetic is matter of how much and to what extent the product is tweaked.

None of us are using our grandfather's oil. Thank God. By modern standards it was pretty pathetic. Shoot, I remember when oil for my car in high school changed from SC to SD and I had a panic to keep up!!!:D

Remember when that dern fool "multi-viscosity" thing came out? Foolishness, I tell ya! Straight 10w in the winter and straight 30W in the summer. You all are wasting your money on anything else.

/ Regular oil or synthetic #22  
Here's a thought. All modern oil is synthetic, to a large degree.

The whole dino versus synthetic is matter of how much and to what extent the product is tweaked.

None of us are using our grandfather's oil. Thank God. By modern standards it was pretty pathetic. Shoot, I remember when oil for my car in high school changed from SC to SD and I had a panic to keep up!!!:D

Remember when that dern fool "multi-viscosity" thing came out? Foolishness, I tell ya! Straight 10w in the winter and straight 30W in the summer. You all are wasting your money on anything else.
You must be as old as me and TripleR.:)

/ Regular oil or synthetic #23  
You must be as old as me and TripleR.:)

You probably even remember the re-refined oil in the glass bottles too. Man I burned and I mean burned a lot of that stuff in my time.:laughing:

/ Regular oil or synthetic #24  
Personalty I use 0-40 synthetic oil for several reasons not the least of which is that it makes starting in sub zero Manitoba winters a breeze and secondly because my Kubota dealer recommends it.

Also use 0-30 synthetic in my van and truck and have never had a problem with it. The 0-30 and 0-40 grade Synthetics may well be a little more expensive up front but I have found that it's a lot cheaper in the long run.

I really hate to agree with anyone but maybe its a Manitoba thing.
I like the 0-40 so much that I use it in all our units from push type lawn mower to the Vette to the Dodge CTD. I just use it in every thing,all the time,year around.

Dan

/ Regular oil or synthetic #25  
While we're on the subject of oil, I bought an L3400 less than a week ago and the dealer was trying to tell me that I should always buy Kubota oil and hydraulic fluid and filters.

I have an idea he was just trying to sell me their over priced products. Any thoughts?

/ Regular oil or synthetic #26  
While we're on the subject of oil, I bought an L3400 less than a week ago and the dealer was trying to tell me that I should always buy Kubota oil and hydraulic fluid and filters.

I have an idea he was just trying to sell me their over priced products. Any thoughts?

I like the Kubota hydraulic oil (because I use their SUDT) and filters, but use other crankcase oil.

/ Regular oil or synthetic #27  
You probably even remember the re-refined oil in the glass bottles too. Man I burned and I mean burned a lot of that stuff in my time.:laughing:
I do for a fact. Had a off brand gas station that had it in racks. Put it in my first car, a 1935 Dodge 4 door sedan that burned it more than gas. That car left a trail of smoke for a mile after I went by. Gas was 23 cents a gallon. Next car was a 1958 Chevy Impala auto converted to 3 speed on the floor 348 Cu In motor. :) It burned the gas, tires and not the oil.

/ Regular oil or synthetic #28  

Kubota sells an excellent product. Nothing wrong with one stop shopping in this case.:thumbsup:

/ Regular oil or synthetic #29  
I have switched to Shell Rotella T in everything, my truck, tractor, car, motorcycle and even my power equipment. Keeps thing simple and it's great oil. 0-40 for winter 10-40 for summer.:thumbsup:

/ Regular oil or synthetic #30  
I have switched to Shell Rotella T in everything, my truck, tractor, car, motorcycle and even my power equipment. Keeps thing simple and it's great oil. 0-40 for winter 10-40 for summer.:thumbsup:

I use the T6 5W-40 from WM in everthing that I change too. Where you find the 0 and 10 stuff?