remington 770

/ remington 770 #11  
When they first came out I one of my neighbours bought one -- it's not your fathers Remington :eek:
Very little about it impressed me other than the price.It even felt clunky. I think I would look for an older gun and pay a bit more than buy a 770. If you want a plain jane Remington that shoots, look for a 788 in .308 -- JMHO

/ remington 770 #12  
I would steer clear of the 770 if it were me. You'd be better off with a marlin xl or savage edge/axis or something along those lines.

/ remington 770
i have plenty of nice rems in my gun cabinet. just wanted soemthing cheap, yet safe and moderately accurate, and something that i won't cry about leaving to get beat in my truck... :) 308's nice.. I have a woodsman in it.. i tend to like 30-06 better..

/ remington 770 #14  
Soundguy said:
i have plenty of nice rems in my gun cabinet. just wanted soemthing cheap, yet safe and moderately accurate, and something that i won't cry about leaving to get beat in my truck... :) 308's nice.. I have a woodsman in it.. i tend to like 30-06 better..

You used to e able to get the marlin or savage I mentioned for $299 before last deer season around here. They were selling like crazy! The problem with the 770 is if you're into trading/selling guns much you'll have a tougher time unloading it from your collection. For only $70 you should be able to step into a Remington 700 adl....it's plastic but you get that world famous action and it's just an overall better gun in my opinion, yet it's not fancy dancy.

/ remington 770 #15  
RollingsFarms said:
I would steer clear of the 770 if it were me. You'd be better off with a marlin xl or savage edge/axis or something along those lines.

I forgot about the marlins. I have 2 boys close to same age so I needed 2 rifles a couple of yrs ago. The marlins were cheap and I needed cheap since I was buying 2. I got em 243's. Those are fine little guns. They routinely shoot under an inch @ 100yds. They have good triggers also. When the boys get older I will look seriously @ another marlin in a long action caliber. Oh btw, they were 300 bucks apiece.

/ remington 770
seling yer guns.. hmm.. I've heard some people do that.. :) I'm not some people though.. :)

/ remington 770
I forgot about the marlins. I have 2 boys close to same age so I needed 2 rifles a couple of yrs ago. The marlins were cheap and I needed cheap since I was buying 2. I got em 243's. Those are fine little guns. They routinely shoot under an inch @ 100yds. They have good triggers also. When the boys get older I will look seriously @ another marlin in a long action caliber. Oh btw, they were 300 bucks apiece.

good price!

I picked up a 243 a while back. been oh 20ys since I had shot one.. like it...

/ remington 770 #18  
Soundguy said:
seling yer guns.. hmm.. I've heard some people do that.. :) I'm not some people though.. :)

Haha well I just meant if you bought it and said the heck with this gun, it's not for me! If you really like it though I would go ahead with it, it's not the worst gun ever made but other manufacturers have out out better cost cutter rifles for the same/cheaper price. We just want to spend your money wisely :)

/ remington 770 #19  
For the money get something else. It is not made to last. Wearherby vanguard, marlin, or savage is twice the rifle.

/ remington 770 #20  
Might wanna check out a Stevens rifle also, made by Savage. Forgot about them. Lots of gun makers are coming out with these low priced rifles because they sell, and sell fast.