Reminisce

/ Reminisce #1  

crusty 1

Platinum Member
Over this past weekend a friend and I were talking.He said his granddaughter asked him "why do you old people talk about the old days?"Jim and I asked each other and we came to the conclusion,"it,s because most of our days are behind us and we so fondly remember our better days.I like to call it experience.The old days weren,t always so good,in fact very hard.Would I like to go back to those days?not without a gun battle.I live a very simple life and want for nothing,I have my birds,pet chipmunk{alvin] and feed the deer in the winter.I think for me its trying to give my advice about things I,ve already screwed up on to save my grand kids the trouble.Any way there is a magizine called reminisce you older folks may enjoy reading,just type reminisce and you'll be taken to thier sight.And I believe the joy in reminiscing is nothing more than remembering our loved ones who have pasted.Sure hope I havent bored anyone with this,but then again I havent much else to do but bore people:laughing:Dave

/ Reminisce #2  
Dave ..Good post...We have subscribed to Reminisce Magazine for years now and really look forward to it...sure brings back many memories of great days and much simpler ways.. :thumbsup:

Over this past weekend a friend and I were talking.He said his granddaughter asked him "why do you old people talk about the old days?"Jim and I asked each other and we came to the conclusion,"it,s because most of our days are behind us and we so fondly remember our better days.I like to call it experience.The old days weren,t always so good,in fact very hard.Would I like to go back to those days?not without a gun battle.I live a very simple life and want for nothing,I have my birds,pet chipmunk{alvin] and feed the deer in the winter.I think for me its trying to give my advice about things I,ve already screwed up on to save my grand kids the trouble.Any way there is a magizine called reminisce you older folks may enjoy reading,just type reminisce and you'll be taken to thier sight.And I believe the joy in reminiscing is nothing more than remembering our loved ones who have pasted.Sure hope I havent bored anyone with this,but then again I havent much else to do but bore people:laughing:Dave

/ Reminisce #3  
Great post:thumbsup: kinda makes you just want to sit down and think awhile kick back and smile:D

/ Reminisce #4  
We used to get the Reminisce Magazine, but not in the last few years, and I can't remember why we quit getting it.

/ Reminisce
Older folks I think find good stories there.Something for younger folks too,history,thats fun.I just got bee stung and I,m very allergic,took a pill so hopefully my swelling will go down soon,but kinda scary when the throat swells up!Anyway glad there are people that read reminisce.Bob have you tried the jalapeno bean soup yet?Good for a little different taste.Take care ALL:)Dave

/ Reminisce
I just wanted to add,please bring your un-wanted and read issues to a nursing home near you,I do and have heard there a real hit with the clients:thumbsup:Dave

/ Reminisce #7  
Very good, Dave. I spent a lot of time visiting in a nursing home for about 4 years and Reminisce and the big print Reader's Digest seemed to be the most popular reading for residents there. So, yes, we hope no one throws them away instead of dropping them off at a nursing home.

/ Reminisce
Very good, Dave. I spent a lot of time visiting in a nursing home for about 4 years and Reminisce and the big print Reader's Digest seemed to be the most popular reading for residents there. So, yes, we hope no one throws them away instead of dropping them off at a nursing home.

Thanks Bird,I'll tell you one thing I did years ago was to ask a nurse on the floor if anyone was suffering a loss of thier out side world or thier past life.I did find a couple guys that I went out and video,d a little farm,tractor type things to give one guy a view of and one other guy who used to be a logger I taped some logging operation for.The folks that watch over these guys said it was a huge hit.Just trying to give back to these fine older folks and hope that someday,hopefully long from now will do the same for me.Very simple to do and gave these guys something fun to see,a win,win!:thumbsup:Dave

/ Reminisce #9  
Magazine put out by the same people that has country magazine.