Remote fittings...

/ Remote fittings... #1  

BigDogues

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25hst
Well, I finally installed a set of rear remotes on my CK25 and now I have to have some hoses made up so I can dump my Country Manufacturing trailer (very pleased with it BTW /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif). Of course I waited until after I had the remotes installed to have my hoses made up. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif So can anyone tell me what I should ask for, male fitting wise, when I go see my local hydraulic hose guy? I really would rather not have to remove a fitting to take with me if I can help it.
Thanks,
Phil

/ Remote fittings... #2  
What size is your female QD on the remote end? 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" ? It's probably 3/8".

There are several styles of female QD's and you will need a matching male end. Not all males will work in all females.

Get the part number from the female end so the hydraulic supplier can get the matching male end. Otherwise your best bet to get what you want is to remove the female end from the remote and get a matchng male end.

/ Remote fittings... #3  
So we need details on the install. I have no remotes but would like some for a grapple, log splitter, etc. down the road. The dealer didn't oreder them that way so I will be putting them in. Cost, effort, bananna rating, pictures, please give us more.

Thanks

/ Remote fittings... #4  
You will need a 1/2 inch male pioneer poppet style and make sure you get it with npt threads (national pipe threads)
Part no. 8010-4p 1/2-nptf 23tn.
Hope this will help you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Remote fittings...
Thanks Rickie,
Exactly what I was looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Remote fittings...
Well the install went pretty smoothly. Didn't even need one band-aid! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I think the cost for the one valve kit was about $275.00 if I recall correctly. For whatever reason the cost of an additional set is more than the first. Not sure why the second kit costs more, maybe someone can enlighten us? The instructions are pretty good, but you may need your magnifiers for the illustrations. The instructions say to remove the right rear tire, right rear fender, and the seat assembly. I found I could do the job easily by only removing the fender. I think all in all the whole thing took less than two hours. Hard to judge because I did this at the same time I did my 50 hr. service (which was also a piece of cake). A few things that you will need are a pair of 10mm nuts so you can jam them together so you can screw the studs in, some loctite, and some quality PTFE pipe dope. You'll only need the pipe dope on the female fittings, the others are compression fittings or are sealed with "O" rings, DO NOT use teflon tape! It can get into you hydraulics and cause problems. If you have a reasonable amount of mechanical ability you will have no problem at all.
I give it four out of five bananas...
banana_bailando.gif
banana_bailando.gif
banana_bailando.gif
banana_bailando.gif

/ Remote fittings... #7  
When you installed the remote kit, is this the same as what you use for a backhoe? Or does this kit come with the levers that mount just ahead of the 3 pt lift lever? I have the remotes for a backhoe on my CK30hst but have seen the other. A nice set up.
Thanks, Vic

/ Remote fittings... #8  
The backhoe remotes will be different..
Unless you have a lever beside the seat..
If you have a valve that you reach in from the back under the right fender it will not work.
However if you have say a log splitter that has it own valve on it it will work for that but remember you will have to lock your three point hitch up.
The valve that is under the tractor takes the hydraulic flow away from the 3pt. hitch and puts a constant flow of hydraulic fluid thru the hoses.
Now if you want to run a top and tilt or a power angle blade you will need the remote kit that has the lever beside the seat and yes you can run a backhoe with this remote you just push the lever into the detent.

/ Remote fittings... #9  
Thanks Rick,
That clears it all up for me.....almost. I knew my lift arms wouldn't work with my setup but didn't really care when the backhoe is attached. If the other remotes will run the backhoe also, why even have the valve under the fender setup. Even with the extra cost of the lever beside the seat setup, it still seems to make more sense because it has more uses. Is the flow rate less? Maybe a time for a change and install the dual lever setup as I have seen. They would be great for the top and tilt or power angle as you mentioned. In stock? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif