Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable??

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable?? #11  
The hose is filled the moment you move the valve lever to operate a hyd cylinder. If after replacing QD leak persists then there's a problem with the hose or hose fitting.

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable??
The hose is filled the moment you move the valve lever to operate a hyd cylinder. If after replacing QD leak persists then there's a problem with the hose or hose fitting.

I may have not been very precise about the leak, it leaks when the control lever is in off position when no equipment is connected to the QD. Therefore, it leaks at any time the tractor is operating. As I said in an earlier post, we removed the QDs to determine if they are the problem or if the control lever\valve is the problem and it leaks with the QDs removed. Sorry if I was not clear about the problem.

Thanks.

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable?? #13  
You were very clear in your statement. I must not be answering your question very well. Once the hose in question is filled with oil being it oil from operating a cyl or valve leakage the oil stays in hose unless it "leaks out". If valve leaks internally when QD is good and you still have a leak replacing hose or stopping threaded area from leaking are your only choices to fully stop leak.

You were very clear in your statement. I must not be answering your question very well. Once the hose in question is filled with oil being it oil from operating a cyl or valve leakage the oil stays in hose unless it "leaks out". If valve leaks internally when QD is good and you still have a leak replacing hose or stopping threaded area from leaking are your only choices to fully stop leak.

Are you saying there is no way to repair the valve if it leaks internally?

Thanks for your patience with my questions!

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable?? #15  
YES there's no way to repair an internal leak on a spool type valve. The sppol & valve housing are a machined fit and once either one or both components have wear then it's time for replacement of complete valve .Some external leaks can be repaired

YES there's no way to repair an internal leak on a spool type valve. The sppol & valve housing are a machined fit and once either one or both components have wear then it's time for replacement of complete valve .Some external leaks can be repaired

I may begin looking for a "recycled" valve and hope it does not also leak. If I choose to replace the QDs, will the internal leak cause a problem?

Thanks.

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable?? #17  
No the only thing the internal leak could do is cause cylinder rod if cyl is attached to QD to extend or retract depending on what part of spool was internally bypassing

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable?? #18  
No the only thing the internal leak could do is cause cylinder rod if cyl is attached to QD to extend or retract depending on what part of spool was internally bypassing. Do you ever use the rear remotes on your 4610??

No the only thing the internal leak could do is cause cylinder rod if cyl is attached to QD to extend or retract depending on what part of spool was internally bypassing. Do you ever use the rear remotes on your 4610??

Only occasionally. Primarily to mow hay.

/ Remote Hose Has Slow Leak - Fixable?? #20  
wjb-49 , You said:

This may sound like a totally dumb question: If I replace the leaking QD with another and the leak stops, if it is continuing to leak from the valve, would it not eventually fill the hose and cause a problem? I'm thinking the hose would eventually completely fill with fluid and cause a problem at the valve end of the hose.

Don't think so.

You can observe if your valve spools are leaking by removing the work port hoses and see if any fluid comes out the work port with engine running.

Do not touch the levers with hoses removed from the work ports.