Remove from snow

/ Remove from snow #1  

metalbender

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
This one is for a yuk yuk. Had to remove the Massey from the snow when I got too close to the ditch. Too steep to get back up.

Attachments

• EBA1D5DD-2AC2-4DCE-B84D-171694EF228A.jpeg
    EBA1D5DD-2AC2-4DCE-B84D-171694EF228A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 317
  • A125274A-5C19-4C05-8513-5A86D9405E22.jpeg
    A125274A-5C19-4C05-8513-5A86D9405E22.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 282
   / Remove from snow #2  
When did this happen, last winter?

/ Remove from snow #3  
Snow better than mud when pulling out any day.

/ Remove from snow #4  
I hate it when that happens.

Did you drive back and forward and push the snow back with the loader and then use that beautiful snow blower to clear the ground off to make more room to move before you climbed up to the road driving backwards?

/ Remove from snow
Yup, last year. Tractor barely had 10 hrs. Blower was hung up on the edge of the ditch, had to clear a path in the pasture. neighbor gave it a little tug, could then drive out. The angle it was at when we first tried to pull it didn't feel good at all, didn't want to bend my new tractor. got it settled in the ditch, took care of the problem next morning.

/ Remove from snow #6  
This one is for a yuk yuk. Had to remove the Massey from the snow when I got too close to the ditch. Too steep to get back up.

Been there, done that.
This is something many below the 49 won't understand.. eh..

/ Remove from snow #7  
Magrooder - can I ever relate to that situation. Can't move in any directon far enough to get either end into the snow removal - extraction business. Hard to believe that soft, fluffy snow will compact to the point that it will cause a high center condition.

/ Remove from snow #8  
YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost lost a 1969 IHC low boy with the 4 cylinder IHC water cooled engine that way over the edge of a winged culvert. I did not have a log chain at the time the town plow fellow stopped and offered to pull me out. My neighbor was nice enough to come by and pull me out with his ford jubilee and a log chain.