Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000

/ Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000 #1  

peteinohio

Tractor
Kubota
I’m removing the Bush Hog 2246 from my Kubota L3000dt. In the Bush Hog manual it says “when loader hydraulics are disconnected from tractor the tractor hydraulic circuit must be completed. Failure to do so will result in hydraulic pump damage.” When I connected one of the pressure lines to the return line, completing the circuit, the three point hitch did not raise. I can only assume that the pressure is completely dumping. Does anyone have any experience with this process?

/ Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000 #2  
Not familiar with your model or loader but did you have 3 hoses from the FEL valve (other than the 4 lines for lift and curl) or was there only two other lines?

On mine, there is 3 hoses, the 3rd being the power beyond hose that powers the 3 point hitch.

So, power in, return to tank (which you most likely hooked up) was there another hose on your set up??

If you only have two, I don't know how to help....

/ Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000 #3  
If it has 2 hoses, then there should be an hydraulic block on the tractor where the OP needs to rotate a spool so the pump feeds the rest of the system.

/ Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000
There are three lines connected to the tractor. Two from an aluminum block on the left side. One just below and behind the seat. Hopefully I can add a picture showing them.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
   / Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000 #5  
That really helped.

The female Quick disconnect in the Red circle needs to be connected to the Male quick disconnect on the Yellow circle to complete the circuit and feed the 3 pt hitch.

IMG_0749_TBN_Kubota.jpeg

/ Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000 #6  
Again, I don't know your model enough... the connection right behind the seat is normally the "return to Tank" port from the FEL.

Once the 3 point hitch gets power (via. power beyond hose from the FEL valve), the 3 point hitch has it's own (internal) way to return oil to the tank.

That's all I got... sorry. I can't be sure since I can't see in the photos where a couple of the hoses in the back ground connects to.

Does the manual give any more details?

Ptsg see picture and let me know if this is what you mean

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
   / Removing a Bush Hog 2246 loader from Kubota L3000 #8  
Yes sir, that's it. This way you removed the loader out of the circuit (and tractor) and now the circuit is completed for the rest of the tractor, in this case, the 3 pt. Did you tried it?

Edit: You may want to get some colored zip ties and mark the hoses for future reference.

Last edited:
I have not tried it yet. I marked the fittings with colored paint before disconnecting anything.