Removing a decal from rental company

/ Removing a decal from rental company #21  
Good ideas. I don't like too much heat on paint and you can get too much almost before you realize it's too much.

3M adhesive remover with a stiff plastic putty knife if its really baked on or a body putty spreader to work a corner back and spray the adhesive remover under the edge then just keep working it back and give the adhesive remover some time to work.
Heat the metal carefully til real warm to touch. It should then stay warm enuf as you remove sticker. You want the adhesive to preferably let go of the metal/paint rather than the sticker.
larry

/ Removing a decal from rental company
Thanks for all the suggestions, I have a heat gun so I'll try that first. Supposed to be warm here tomorrow, I'll try it then. Never heard of the 3M eraser, I'll check that out next time I'm at the autoparts store.

/ Removing a decal from rental company #23  
I used a hairdryer on low outside in November here in NY and that was plenty to heat up the sheet metal on the vans I was removing 10" high letters from, so be careful with the heat and use a hard plastic scraper (not a soft one like the red ones that they sell at Lowes).

Aaron Z

/ Removing a decal from rental company #24  
The 3m wheels do work but they can erase some paint it too many RPM's are used or too much pressure. Just go light with it. The wheels are a bit pricey - want to say $25 or $30 bucks when I got my last one. I prefer a little heat and keep the heat gun/hair dryer moving slowly all the time so you don't overheat one area. Just took all the dealer stickers off my wife's brand new car - hate when they use it as a rolling billboard