Removing an oil pressure gauge

/ Removing an oil pressure gauge
Thats what I figured and it seems to be that way. At least in this case. The light came on with the key in the on position. With the key in the on position I get the oil and charge light. Thats what its suppose to do, correct? If I disconnect the wire from the temp switch and touch it to bare metal the temp light comes on, the temp switch is also new. When I start the tractor the oil light should go off when the pressure builds up and that is when I release the decompression lever. Does that all sound right?

/ Removing an oil pressure gauge #12  
Sounds right to me.

/ Removing an oil pressure gauge #13  
Even with Teflon tape the points of the threads will still cut through and ground it , I would think?

his did.. but then his threads were good. I've seen some guys jamb a rounded fitting into a rounded out port with 1/32 of tape on it and get a hold and no real metal to metal.. :)

when he said his threads were good.. iw asn't really worried at that point.

/ Removing an oil pressure gauge #14  
I guess my question to a question is why?

I haven't heard of someone going back to a light that many times in my career normally when the light comes on its too late anyway and besides that engines dont just loose oil pressure in an instant at least the chances are so remote as to be a non issue.

You didn't ask me I realize that but I would leave the gage and install a tee and the light switch once you get the adapter out and run both but thats me. my .002