Removing blades on Kioti RFM

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #1  

SteveZ

Tractor
Kioti CK20H
I have the 60" Kioti RFM. When removing/installing the blades, there is a flat machined on the spindle shaft to allow holding the shaft while loosening or tightening the blade nut. Does anybody know what size wrench fits this flat? I want to purchase an open end wrench to use for this, but I don't want to purchase an entire set..............Steve

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #2  
Try a crescent wrench

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #3  
Just go to a local auto supply or walmart or similar and buy a caliper to measure the head. They may also have some of the large plactic bolt measures that you can measure the head, and length.
John

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #4  
I found the easiest way to remove the bolts is with an air impact wrench. Every other way was difficult to break them
loose.

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM
I tried using a crescent wrench, but it's too wide (thick). When I tightened the blade nut, the wrench was also fastened in place.

I'll see if I can find some type of cheap gauge to measure it.

Steve

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #6  
I can usually get by with just grabbing the blade with my hand and hitting the bolts with an airgun.

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #7  
The crescent wrench is a gauge. Just measure the opening after applying it to the shaft.

/ Removing blades on Kioti RFM #8  
All of my combination wrenches that look like they are close to the right size, are too thick.