Removing bucket from CT230

/ Removing bucket from CT230 #1  

Grand_Pooba

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230 & John Deere X324
Has anyone detached there pin on bucket? I would like to take my bucket to a welder that I know to have a couple bucket hooks welded on. It appears to have a retaining bolt at each pin on the inside of the loader arms....so take out the bolt and tap the pin out from the inside. Am I assuming correctly?
Thanks.

/ Removing bucket from CT230 #2  
I have, and never will again. It comes off just as easy as you typed, but reinstalling is a pain. I now see why there was hammer marks on the bucket bracket from the dealer. I had to use a 4 foot bar align the bottom holes, the fit was just too tight. It took me about a hour and a few magical words. Remember to align the retaining hole before reinserting the pin, you cant turn them once installed.

/ Removing bucket from CT230 #3  
maybw while your there have him weld on a quik attach plate and convert the pin on to a bobtach ;)

/ Removing bucket from CT230
maybw while your there have him weld on a quik attach plate and convert the pin on to a bobtach ;)

I knew I was going to get at least one wise ***** comment about a bob-tach:D

This should be the only time I'm going to need to take it off. (I hope)

Has anyone welded hooks to their bucket? I need to decide if I'm going re-enforce the top edge or not. The rolled tube on the top edge seams very beefy. Any thoughts?

/ Removing bucket from CT230 #5  
Has anyone welded hooks to their bucket? I need to decide if I'm going re-enforce the top edge or not. The rolled tube on the top edge seams very beefy. Any thoughts?

Well, I have the Bobtach and 68" bucket. Here is the hook I welded onto
the Bobtach frame. I do my other tractors in a similar way with a
reinforcement plate and a mount to the back center area. This gives
maximum lift and minimum chance of distorting the bucket, versus welding
a hook on the lip, or the sides of the bucket.

I also use 1/2" plate with a slot in it to hold the chain. This is secure
enough for grabber-style chain, yet allows you to drop the chain from
the driver's seat by curling the bucket.

Attachments

• bkt_hook.jpg
    bkt_hook.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 187
   / Removing bucket from CT230 #7  
Can you snap a pic of your install. I just happen to want a hook and also just happen to have some of those hooks in the basement.

/ Removing bucket from CT230 #8  
just a thought....... at some point (if you use things hard) I am sure you will need to have that bucket off again to have a weld rewelded or reinforced, so you may be taking it off again.

/ Removing bucket from CT230 #9