Removing FEL hyd line.

/ Removing FEL hyd line. #1  

Singlecoil

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-24D Cub Cadet LT42e
I have a leaky hose on my BX-24 FEL. It leaks where it connects to the tractor and I would love to be able to overhaul the end pieces, but I can't get them loose for the life of me and I'm almost stripping one of the nuts. My next strategy is to detach the line from the FEL, take it to a machine shop and have them fix it for me.

Has anyone removed one of these lines before? I'm not sure which nut to turn to loosen the thing. I thought I would ask on here before I really make things worse.
In the labelled photo below, does anyone know which nut to turn, what size wrench, or any techniques that would help? Will I first have to take off the line below it to get to this one?

Thanks!

hose.jpg

/ Removing FEL hyd line. #2  
In your picture ... Hold 'C' and turn 'B'...
You will have right hand threads and use wrenches that fit properly, You can get 'line wrenches' that will work perfectly but for larger lines like this a good set of open end will work, be square to the flats and you should have no problems.. KennyV

/ Removing FEL hyd line. #3  
B&C come apart, normal right hand thread. Shouldn't be that tight, those are finished mating surfaces.

/ Removing FEL hyd line.
Awesome.

Thank you both. I think I need a 15 or 16mm wrench.