Backhoe Removing Hydaulic Ram on FEL Replace backhoe pins

/ Removing Hydaulic Ram on FEL Replace backhoe pins #1  

MustangMajor

Tractor
Kubota B7100HD
Hi all,
great forum, helped me in buying my first tractor, an old B7100 with Backhoe and FEL. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I need to do some refurbishment of the attachments and have a couple of questions for starters!

1. Need to take a ram off the FEL to replace seals and straighten a slight bend in the RAM. FEL is driven of the main tractor hydraulics. When I disconnet hoses will the fluid be under pressure/is there usually an isolator valve I need to shut off? (FEL is marked "KT2" - no other info about it!)

2. Some of the pins in the backhoe need replacing together with bushes. On the main pin at the base of the boom it looks like it has worn the holes in the casing the boom slots into. The boom itself looks like it has a bushing in place which I can replace, any tips on what you do when the holes in the outer case are worn?

Load of mechanical experience so looking to do most of the work myself (take it to dealer isn't an option /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif), just new to hydraulics and tractors so any advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Paul.