Removing lift arm.

/ Removing lift arm. #11  
I've often found, when doing a project such as this. There will always be one nut, fastener or lynch pin that is a bugger and can hold things up for quite a while. I think Murphy has a play in this game.

If there wasn't something to hang up the project we would have nothing to write about.

<snip>

Does anyone think I should put any heat (propane torch is all I've got) on the joint?
Keep it above freezing :) It looks like Tuscaloosa isn't going down to frost/freeze conditions anytime soon.

Another good reason to put your location in your profile, like you did.

/ Removing lift arm. #12  
I am missing something here!!!! Why are you removing the lower lift arm just to put a cyl. where the right tilt adjuster is??

/ Removing lift arm.
I am missing something here!!!! Why are you removing the lower lift arm just to put a cyl. where the right tilt adjuster is??

I'm installing a hydraulic cylinder for the "Tilt" portion of "Top and Tilt.

The instructions recommend you move the right tilt adjuster to the left side. It is then replaced with the Hydraulic tilt adjuster. This gives maximum adjust-ability.

Perhaps I'm not correctly identifying parts. For refence:

I'm calling the vertical component the "Lift Arm" (one of them has a "tilt adjuster")
I'm calling the horizontal component the "Draw or Draft Arm"

The Lift arms are connected to the draft arms and are what controls the height of the draft arms.

/ Removing lift arm.

I'm installing a hydraulic cylinder for the "Tilt" portion of "Top and Tilt.

The instructions recommend you move the right tilt adjuster to the left side. It is then replaced with the Hydraulic tilt adjuster. This gives maximum adjust-ability.

Perhaps I'm not correctly identifying parts. For refence:

I'm calling the vertical component the "Lift Arm" (one of them has a "tilt adjuster")
I'm calling the horizontal component the "Draw or Draft Arm"

The Lift arms are connected to the draft arms and are what controls the height of the draft arms.

/ Removing lift arm. #15  
The reason I ask was that I think my 4240 tilt adjuster has pins top and bottom to hold it on with no bolt just a ring. Well double check mine.

/ Removing lift arm.
Got it. Thanks for the advice.

It took patience, penetrating oil, a large adjustable wrench and a bunch of light tapping.

Once it was out, I cleaned the pin and it is amazing how easily it goes in and out and spins around.

I'll be purchasing some Never Seize this week.

/ Removing lift arm. #17  
Boy was I wrong sorry about that. They are double nuted and I can see now why you were having trouble. Glad you got it out.

/ Removing lift arm. #18  
Got it. Thanks for the advice.

It took patience, penetrating oil, a large adjustable wrench and a bunch of light tapping.

Once it was out, I cleaned the pin and it is amazing how easily it goes in and out and spins around.

I'll be purchasing some Never Seize this week.

YEAH!!:cool2::cool2::cool2:

Was concerned we had another 100 post thread starting!! :)

Thanks for posting the conclusion.