Removing the panel cover on Grande L

/ Removing the panel cover on Grande L #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
In a moment of fury at seeing my L4630 covered by roosting chickens I heaved a rock in their general direction. It took an unlucky bounce and broke the clear plastic cover over my instrument panel. Can't have water get into those electronics, so ordered a replacement. The problem is I can't see how to remove the old one.

Has anybody taken it off before?

TIA, Pete

/ Removing the panel cover on Grande L #2  
Uhh -- maybe anger control classes first or will you be ordering a number of the panels?:D

Until there is control use some crazy glue and Scotch tape!:D :D

And ohh, remember to wipe the steering wheel and seat.:D

/ Removing the panel cover on Grande L
Egon said:
Uhh -- maybe anger control classes first or will you be ordering a number of the panels?:D

Until there is control use some crazy glue and Scotch tape!:D :D

And ohh, remember to wipe the steering wheel and seat.:D

Thanks, Egon. I knew I could count on your support.

Pete

/ Removing the panel cover on Grande L #4  
Just sage advice Pete. :D

Seeing as I do not know how to remove the panel all I can do is give some support.

But I do know that upon closer examination you will soon have it figured out!:D :D

Yeah, it's just so nice and warm right now with highs in the 30s and I just know by the time the part comes in the temp would have dropped to the seasonal norm of 0-10 with wind chill. I don't care much for working in those conditions, so was hoping somebody out there had already done this and could give me some pointers.

Pete

/ Removing the panel cover on Grande L #6  
Sorry to hear about the panel cover, but my experience in over 700 hours has been limited to fluids, filters and some three point hitch repair. It should be the same for all the Grand L's,

/ Removing the panel cover on Grande L #7  
Here's the closest thing I could find in the manual, and two from the parts manual ...do these help ...obviously, a first step is to disconnect the battery, negative first.

If you get it off, the part no. for the glass seems to be TD060-3019-0

Last edited:
JoeL4330 -- Thanks! That will be a huge help!

Pete