Removing trees growing next to foundations.

/ Removing trees growing next to foundations.
The problem that for the most part there are not fresh cuts stumps to be had. People have been hacking at these with pruners and chain saws for a long time. The pellets sound like a more reasonable solution for this one. Searching for them online.

/ Removing trees growing next to foundations. #12  
Glyphosate, (Roundup), will do the same thing. After you cut the tree/bush just brush the chemical on the stump without any dilution for a complete kill.

I don't think I would do any more digging or pulling since it could damage the foundation. Just let nature do it's work and fill in the low spots later.

/ Removing trees growing next to foundations. #13  
The Tordon made for fresh cuts works very well. I've also got Tordon pellets that can be sprinkled on the ground along those buildings. No woody plants will survive. Anytime I clear a brushy fencerow or area, I treat it with the pellets as I'm seeding. Works great.

I think you'll damage the foundations if you try to remove the entire stump.

Not having luck finding a source for Tordon Pellets?

Glyphosate, (Roundup), will do the same thing. After you cut the tree/bush just brush the chemical on the stump without any dilution for a complete kill.

I don't think I would do any more digging or pulling since it could damage the foundation. Just let nature do it's work and fill in the low spots later.

Not much left of the stumps to cut.

/ Removing trees growing next to foundations. #16  
Tordon is available at most farm supply stores - Rural King, TSC, Agri Supply, etc. It is about $15 for approximately a quart size bottle that has a squirt top on it. You literally cut the tree or bush and put a ring of Tordon around the outside of the fresh cut and forget about it. As Sonny 580 said Cut/Chem/and Cover and you are done. The keys are that you need to apply it very quickly after cutting - <15 minutes or so - and then let soak in for a couple of days before you cover.

There are other brush killers out there, I just got started with Tordon and it works for me so I have not changed.

Cut a ring around a tree and it will die all on it's own.:thumbsup:

Spray a solution of bluestone and water on the shrubs and it may kill them.
( concentration ?? )

Last edited:
   / Removing trees growing next to foundations. #17  
Affirmative. And I live in the sticks. Over 100 miles to Lowes and Home Depot, TSC is 60.

As best I can tell the pellets are no longer available...

313050d1365903511-removing-trees-growing-next-foundations-roots1.jpg

Take a look at the picture. What stumps are left are mostly debarked and you can't get to the back side of them. I do not see how I am supposed to cut them and apply tordon.

I think the only real solution is to poison them by spraying leaves when the show up.

Egon I had to look up bluestone and found out it is copper sulphate. when I etc printed circuit boards the copper removed from the board reacts with the etchant.
Sodium persulfate + copper = sodium sulfate + copper sulfate
Further readin results in
sodium sulfate is generally regarded as non-toxi

Sounds like a winner..

/ Removing trees growing next to foundations. #19  
Those look like baby stumps. I clean it out with a hand tool and use and shovel to pry it down and away from building to see how much of the roots has grown into the blocks. Chances are it hasnt and it can be removed via human power with a little prodding.

Those look like baby stumps. I clean it out with a hand tool and use and shovel to pry it down and away from building to see how much of the roots has grown into the blocks. Chances are it hasnt and it can be removed via human power with a little prodding.

I hooked a few with the backhoe bucket. No joy.