Rent a box blade or a rear scrape blade?

Should the noob rent a rear blade or box blade

• Box blade

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Rear Blade

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
   / Rent a box blade or a rear scrape blade? #11  
roxynoodle said:
Ok, I have a loader, which is the most obvious thing to use to move gravel into the ruts I've made in my driveway. Here is my question: Last year I had the crawlspace under my kitchen replaced. As you might imagine it made quite a mess. The dirt next to the kitchen (clay) is all uneven and will be impossible to mow once I plant grass. The semi delivering the block and big steel I-beams drove into my side yard. So did the cement truck pouring the footer. There are huge ruts there, like more than a foot deep. I also need to grade the drive back to the barn. Is a box blade going to be helpful to me? I don't think a rear blade would do much of anything to this mess. I was thinking I would need those sacrificiers on the BB to accomplish anything.

Yes you are right Roxy...
The boxblade will knock down the high points of the ruts and fill the low with dirt. You may need to rip it first with the scarifiers down to loosen it up. You can also use your FEL but it was much harder (for me anyway) to get everything smooth even backdragging in "float". You can also use the boxblade to do further maintenance of your gravel road. It will move gravel, rocks or dirt easily (dragging) from one spot to another and you can dump/spread it by elevating the boxblade as you travel. You can drag the boxblade or push backwards with it like a dozer blade too.

/ Rent a box blade or a rear scrape blade? #12  
I wouldn't want to spread 1 cubic yard of mulch by hand.
Spreading screened top soil is a whole lot easier. Like spreading sand.

Just let the kids play in it. It will be scattered in no time.

Pooh Bear