Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota #1  

Geraldt

Tractor
kubota L4350
Hello, I`m a new member of this forum. I`m looking for part numbers and a source to purchase parts for the left front hub on my L4350 Utility Kubota. I have to replace the part designated as "front axle" due to lug bolt damage beyond repair. Dealers price is around $500. Mainly, I need the part number for this "front axle" to start searching on Google. And I need a parts manual which I`m trying to locate, but if I could get this one p/n, that would help me for right now. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Geraldt

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota #3  
Messick's see their banner ad.They are very good to deal with.

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota #5  
Hello again, today I salvaged my front axle by drilling out the 3 sheared off lug bolts and redrilling the 6 lug holes to a larger size, from the standard 14MM by 1.5 to SAE 5/8-18. Turned out better than I expected and saved at least $500.

How did you sheer off 3 lug bolts?

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota
I have pictures but can`t upload them. Is there a max size pics can be? Thanks, Geraldt

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota #7  
Sometimes you can remove the hub and drill the lug bolt holes and then press in studs. Studs are available in a bunch of sizes where the press in part is larger in diameter than the threaded part. It can make a good fix, perhaps better than new.

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota
Thanks Dave, I clamped my hub down on a milling machine table so as to drill vertically. After drilling the holes oversize, I started the 9/16-18 thread tap with the mill head for the first few turns, then a large tap handle thereafter. Didn`t use studs. Studs are what caused the problem to begin with. Studs can work loose in the hub while the lugnuts are still tight and you may not know it. So I just used super strong grade 9 Cat track bolts and screwed the bolts in to utilize the full threads. This tractor belongs to a friend who is totally mechanically challenged and thinks this L4350 Kubota is a bulldozer. Think this is a good fix if he will monitor the bolt tightness periodically.

/ Repair of front hub on L4350 Kubota #10  
Thanks Dave, I clamped my hub down on a milling machine table so as to drill vertically. After drilling the holes oversize, I started the 9/16-18 thread tap with the mill head for the first few turns, then a large tap handle thereafter. Didn`t use studs. Studs are what caused the problem to begin with. Studs can work loose in the hub while the lugnuts are still tight and you may not know it. So I just used super strong grade 9 Cat track bolts and screwed the bolts in to utilize the full threads. This tractor belongs to a friend who is totally mechanically challenged and thinks this L4350 Kubota is a bulldozer. Think this is a good fix if he will monitor the bolt tightness periodically.

Good job !