Rephrase previous question on lift speed

/ Rephrase previous question on lift speed #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
I had previously asked a question suggesting that I wanted to slow the hydraulic lift speed on my newly acquired L2250.

After more use, I think what I would really like is to "feather" the lift a little better. With the engine at rpm to run a cutter the lift is very jerky when trying to raise it in small increments. When the lever is raised all the way in one quick, continuous movement the cutter raises smoothly after the initial jerk.

If this is normal, I'll learn to live with it. If it is not normal, I want it corrected as I have a warranty on the tractor. Does anyone have this model tractor that can give me some information on "normal" operation?

My cutter has a flexible top link attachment point that allows extending the top link to drop the tail wheel down so that it stays on the ground and carries some of the weight of the cutter. I extended the top link as Wen suggested, and this does reduce the jerk when adjusting cutting height because it is not lifting the entire weight of the attachment.

Thanks in advance for your help

Gene

/ Rephrase previous question on lift speed #2  
Glad that helped the problem. The 3 points are very strong hydraulic systems and when combined with very heavy implements that have their cg several feet to the rear of the 3 point, you can easily set up a pretty bouncy situation if the tractor is not pretty heavy with respect to the implement that wants to dance a little.

I saw a city owned M4900 2WD today with the very heavy duty Rhino 6 ft mower. Loooked like he had over 1000# in weights on the front and I am sure the tires were filled.