Replace Fusebox

/ Replace Fusebox #1  

toolcatdummy

Tractor
Bobcat ToolCat 5600
Hello. I bought a house and it came with a used Toolcat to plow snow and the previous owner said the lights didn't work. I figured how hard can this be?? Anyway after hours of checking the fuse, tracing wires, checking switches I believe I finally found the last problem. Long story short at some point mice moved in and chewed some of the wires for the lights in few places. I can see some repair work on some of the wires (looks like someone tried to fix it so I don't really have the backstory on what was done previously). Anyway I believe the fuse box is the issue (and possibly the wire harness behind it or maybe just the pins). I see where the relay attaches it is melted (see attached photo in the R2 position). The relay is good so I am guessing previously they found this and replaced it. Anyway long story short, does anyone know how to replace the fusebox (Fuse/ Conn for Toolcat® Work Machines, 6688976)? I have opened every panel I can reasonably get to and have no access from behind. The 4 nuts on the corners secure the back plate but the fusebox doesn't appear to fit through the opening and even if it did there are 4 threaded screws sticking out. Any help would be much appreciated.

6688976.jpg

/ Replace Fusebox #2  
You are finding out that the Toolcat has a ton of stuff crammed into a soup can....or it seems. You can do a parts look-up on the Bobcat site to look for parts/diagrams to help.

Bobcat Parts Catalog - Find Diagrams for Your Equipment - Bobcat Company

You can buy the fuse box but it looks like all the wires/connectors would have to be plugged into it. It would be nice if a short pigtail wire harness would come with it...but...it doesn't. It looks like the box is part of the cab wire harness #7190411 (check your exact serial number). If you could only get the box out with a little extra slack in the harness, you could work on the back side of the thing and install new connectors.:censored: I have a service manual and it does not help with this problem. This guy is a good bobcat mechanic and might have odd parts:

/ Replace Fusebox
You are finding out that the Toolcat has a ton of stuff crammed into a soup can....or it seems. You can do a parts look-up on the Bobcat site to look for parts/diagrams to help.

Bobcat Parts Catalog - Find Diagrams for Your Equipment - Bobcat Company

You can buy the fuse box but it looks like all the wires/connectors would have to be plugged into it. It would be nice if a short pigtail wire harness would come with it...but...it doesn't. It looks like the box is part of the cab wire harness #7190411 (check your exact serial number). If you could only get the box out with a little extra slack in the harness, you could work on the back side of the thing and install new connectors.:censored: I have a service manual and it does not help with this problem. This guy is a good bobcat mechanic and might have odd parts:

Thanks for the response. I could probably replace the fuse box and repair the wires myself IF I could remove it and get to the back side of it. I can't imagine there is NO way to remove/replace a fuse box? If there wasn't why would they sell them as a spare part? At this point I am thinking of either bypassing the fusebox and going from the back of the dash switch directly to a new inline fuse and relay and just splicing the wires that feed the lights. Either that or I could add a new switch with new relay and fuse wired directly from the battery which might be easier but then I run the risk of leaving the lights on and draining the battery. If anyone has any suggestions on the best approach I would much appreciate it. Winter is coming and I absolutely need lights (smile).

/ Replace Fusebox #4  
What year or series is the TC?

Does your TC have the std key start or the optional keyless (with a code) start?

What lighting do you have? Front and rear flood lights (top of cab)? Work and drive lights on the front fenders below windshield?

/ Replace Fusebox #5  
Power comes from the display controller and goes to the 3 position light switch. That switch output then controls the multiple light relays (marker lights, drive lights, flood lights, etc). It looks like if you have all the light options, missing one relay would only stop one type of light but the other's would work. If you are getting power to the light selection switch, you are getting power from the display controller (good). Depending on the position of the light switch, your different relays are being switched. Are your relays getting the main unswitched power to them? Can you detect the light switch at the relays?