Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck?

/ Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck? #11  
Re: Replacement blades for Craftsman 50\" mower Deck?

John
you can get these blades from ag.supply for $5.99 ea. there part no is 36486. you can a set of these for what sears sells one blade for.
Don Wynn

/ Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck? #12  

I get mine at the local Tractor Supply Co. store.

Don't remember the price, but they came as a set of three.

/ Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John.... what's the model number on your garden tractor? )</font>

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been traveling a lot for work lately and just got back tonight. I'm too wiped out to go out and look at the model number right now. I know it starts with "917". I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days. I'll get the rest when I get back home.

To all... thanks for the suggestions on places to buy. I've ordered a spare set... the picture looks identical to what I have been using. Not sure if they'll last any longer, but at least they're cheaper than Sears.

John Mc

/ Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck? #14  

JHON THEY ARE AVABLE IN REG. OR GATOR-- BUT I HAD A GATOR BLADE THAT LOST A BATTLE TO A BLUE ROCK-THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH THEY CAN DO /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

/ Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck? #15  

John Mc... I found this link.... it has 2 different blades for the 50" mower by Sears. The difference besides $.05 is one is thicker (my mower takes the #137380 blade with the "star" hole). They also have a gator blade.

http://mowproducts.itcstore.com/Store/catalog.aspx?catId=18679&page=3

/ Replacement blades for Craftsman 50" mower Deck? #16  

John -

My biggest issue is not with the blades - but the parts on the deck that have managed to get damaged and need replacement. Right now I need to get a replacement stabilizer bar that holds the pulley up (level) for the belt that drives the 3 blades...

I guess I let my daughter use it too much cutting the pasture. I need to get her on the bushhog with the JD4600, but that's just a little too big for her right now. :).

Thank god Sears still stocks this stuff.

-Bob