Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48

/ Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48 #1  

Bilko

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 25 / Allis Chalmers B
Does anyone know where you can purchase lift cylinders for a front end loader on a L48? My uncle bent one of his beyond repair. They want $800.00 for one from the Kubota dealer.
“D” ROD DIAMETER 1.375
“S” PIN HOLE ON THE ENDS 1.2
“E” WIDTH 2.450
“G” 2.9
BORE 2.25
FULLY RETRACTED 32 ¾
FULLY EXTENDED 57.5

Mike

/ Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48 #2  
It might be expensive but most cylinders for loaders are specific to application so trying to find a generic that would match would be hard. I'd say buy the right one! I hate taking cobbed up tractors in trade, often the penalties are more then it would have cost to have fixed it right!

/ Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48
Art, I was just looking for another option. We would not cobble it up or make a ten cent repair as I believe you need to do it right the first time. Thanks for your reply.

Mike

/ Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48 #4  
Mike, bending the lift cyl. on an L48 FEL is not something you hear of every day. Just curious what did it take to do something like that?

/ Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48
What my uncle told me was he had a stump in the bucket. And had it lifted and was trying to shake some of the dirt off the stump and got carried away and bent it. He was pretty mad himself due to knowing better. He is 75yrs old, not that you would know by seeing him or being around him you would swear he is younger! I told him maybe it was time for him to let me be the keeper of the Kubota since he was getting old and mistreating his equipment. He said he isn't dead yet :) He bought it new 12 to 15 hrs ago and I believe this is the first major repair. I would love to own a L48 but I doubt that will ever happen. **** good machine, it definitely gets used on a weekly bases.

/ Replacement Hydraulic Cylinder for L48 #6  
Do you have any cylinder repair shops in your area. Most of them can replace a bent rod or have sources to replace the cylinder if it is beyond repair.

Not sure what part of MI you are in but here is the name and contact of an outfit in Chicago land that rebuilds cylinders.

Universal Hydraulics ask for Tom @ 847/228-5750

Other possibilities are: Hydraulic supply houses like Motion Industries, or a Parker store. Depending on the store employees you may get lucky and find one that knows the cylinder line.

Motion Industries would have access to the Eaton Hydroline cylinders and they have a division that that was mostly geared towards AG.

Like Art said, it might be difficult to find an exact replacement.

Roy