Replacement Ignition Keys

/ Replacement Ignition Keys #11  
I know this is a very old post.
Buy your keys from heavyequipmentkeys.com. I just purchased three keys for $3.00 each plus $4.50 shipping for a total of $13.50. Doesn't hurt to keep a couple of spares around for that price.
Odd but they ship from Hawaii. Never dealt with a Hawaii supplier before.

/ Replacement Ignition Keys #12  
Po
I know this is a very old post.
Buy your keys from heavyequipmentkeys.com. I just purchased three keys for $3.00 each plus $4.50 shipping for a total of $13.50. Doesn't hurt to keep a couple of spares around for that price.
Odd but they ship from Hawaii. Never dealt with a Hawaii supplier before.
Pop A Lock made me 2 for $3.00

/ Replacement Ignition Keys #13  
Thanks for the info. I purchased two cut keys for my truck off the internet. The manual had directions how to program but I never could get the keys programed. Others on the internet had the same complaint, that the directions didn't work. I ended up taking to the dealer and they charged some rediculious fee to program. (can't remember the exact cost now). Pop A lock seems like a good resource. I never heard of them before. I will keep them in mind.

/ Replacement Ignition Keys #14  
I wonder if the LS keys are like the key for my JD.
I lost one and took all the serial numbers and model numbers etc to a JD dealer and asked if they could order me a new key.
Parts guy says he doesn't need all the VIN info because they use the same key.
Opens up a drawer and gives me another key. Cost around $5.

/ Replacement Ignition Keys #15  
I wonder if the LS keys are like the key for my JD.
I lost one and took all the serial numbers and model numbers etc to a JD dealer and asked if they could order me a new key.
Parts guy says he doesn't need all the VIN info because they use the same key.
Opens up a drawer and gives me another key. Cost around $5.
dealership bent my MT240 key twice somehow. Each model uses the same key, so they have them in stock, just grab and go.

/ Replacement Ignition Keys #16  
Why not get blanks and cut your own??
jewers files work just fine

willy