replacement keys for RTV1100

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #1  

Wingnut

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 GST
anyone had occasion to get a replacement key cut for an RTV? I just got an 1100 and received one ignition key and one cab key ... and I hate not having spares ...

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #2  
Does Kubota do things differently? My experience with JD and others is that they only have one key cut for all of their machines, or at least for all similar machines. If that is the case with Kubota you should be able to go to the dealer and have them give you or sell you spare key(s).
In other words, the key is only useful to keep a small child from starting the machine. Anyone who wants can bring their own copy of the key and drive away in your machine.
Or am I somehow mistaken?

/ replacement keys for RTV1100
well ... I'm "pretty sure" I got two keys for the L3710 ... but of course that was a decade ago ... so you could be completely right. I do know the tractor key doesn't start the RTV ... and I "assumed" (I know ... always a bad thing to do) that since there was a number etched/stamped on it ...
I'll give the local Kubota dealer a call tomorrow and ask ... thanks
I did check at Walmart and they didn't have anything close ... but at least I did get a new Goldwing key cut, which I had been planning to do for YEARS ... so it wasn't a completely wasted trip!

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #4  
The ignition key for my rtv1100 is the same as on my M series tractor.

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #5  
The key for my RTV 1100 has "S8077", have been told it is same as the M key. The door keys on my RTV1100 is marked as a "CH751", this should be the same as the side compartment keys for most RVs and trailers. You can either have one of these cut or buy some fom a RV place or eBay.

David Kb7uns

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #6  
Peter, I've never even bought a lawnmower that didn't come with two keys. Gosh! I have luggage that came with two keys. I think if I paid what you did for that RTV1100 (one sweet machine) that I'd be on the phone to the dealer to tell them I needed another set of ignition and door keys. Why would a dealer want to make your life inconvenient over such a trivial thing? I think they just overlooked giving you the extra set. Surely they aren't that cheap on purpose.:rolleyes:

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #7  
My dealer also forgot to give me a spare key for our XUV, but I specifically asked when I bought it. They seemed slightly surprised that I cared but willingly got me another key, pointing out that it is the same key as any JD mower. It isn't the same as my JD 5210, I don't think.
I would definitely ask your dealer for another set of keys as I think this was an oversight on their part.
BUT, if you ever needed a key, you could just go to the dealer and get another one. You wouldn't need a locksmith, etc.

/ replacement keys for RTV1100 #8  
my rtv 1100 came with 2 door keys and 2 ignition keys. ask your dealer about the missing keys.