Replacement Lights

/ Replacement Lights #21  
Not withstanding, next time you rattle can something, use masking tape. The end result will be so much better...lol Not to insult you but your grill looks like hell.:p

/ Replacement Lights #22  
BTW, Stanley makes the HM202 bulbs as well. :love:

1703906946079.png

/ Replacement Lights #23  
I will say, I replaced the bulbs in both my M9 Kubota's with dual beam LED's. I had a heck of a time finding them but I did finally on Flea Bay of all places. I too have the Stanley headlights but the base is indexed with 2 tabs that fit in the headlight itself that aligns the high and low beams correctly. The work quite well actually but I also have 2 facing forward and 2 facing rear on the top of the cab that replaced the weak halogens. Both in the front are 65 watt draw each LED's, same with the rear and I can see almost across an entire hay field with them on, but then I also have a high output 70 amp alternator. Think I paid 30 bucks each for them from Superbright LED's and they are both in aluminum housings and both are CREE SMD's as well. They are wicked bright too. Had some idiot last year coming at me with his high beams on as I was coming home from a field (roading). I flashed my lights and nothing so I lit him up with the flame throwers..lol He dimmed his lights real quick like. I normally don't use them except in a field but I made an exception. I bet I roasted his eyeballs too.

That brings me to another sore point and that is, these new cars with wicked bright headlights. Hard to see when they have them on but I see the NHTSA is changing the headlight rules for new cars, about time actually. The new HID's and LED's are very hard to deal with, with an oncoming vehicle. Been thinking hard about installing a pair of those flamethrowers in the grill of my car and my pickup truck, just in case...lol Great reminder for idiots that don't know what a dimmer switch is... A quick blast of eyeball cookers would get their attention.

/ Replacement Lights #24  
The Fredricks refurbished YM2500 went out quick!! True and now I remember how that went! It showed up Local and I replaced that one with a Countyline 1298374 SKU# Yan/JD. That's Tractor supply and the ORG.. The Yanmar 12V 35/25W bulb. No Manufacture on it But 12V 35/25 is. You can Clearly see why they get so Dim... A little Blk. you think!
I replaced Yanmar 2000 with a Fredericks 4155. I can't say how long the TS bulb has lasted but here is the Replacement for the JD/Yan.
Deere# 850 950 1050 1250 1450 1650
Yanmar # 1700 195 2000 240 2500 276 3000 330 336
1703945066343.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Replacement Lights #25  
I will say, I replaced the bulbs in both my M9 Kubota's with dual beam LED's. I had a heck of a time finding them but I did finally on Flea Bay of all places. I too have the Stanley headlights but the base is indexed with 2 tabs that fit in the headlight itself that aligns the high and low beams correctly. The work quite well actually but I also have 2 facing forward and 2 facing rear on the top of the cab that replaced the weak halogens. Both in the front are 65 watt draw each LED's, same with the rear and I can see almost across an entire hay field with them on, but then I also have a high output 70 amp alternator. Think I paid 30 bucks each for them from Superbright LED's and they are both in aluminum housings and both are CREE SMD's as well. They are wicked bright too. Had some idiot last year coming at me with his high beams on as I was coming home from a field (roading). I flashed my lights and nothing so I lit him up with the flame throwers..lol He dimmed his lights real quick like. I normally don't use them except in a field but I made an exception. I bet I roasted his eyeballs too.

That brings me to another sore point and that is, these new cars with wicked bright headlights. Hard to see when they have them on but I see the NHTSA is changing the headlight rules for new cars, about time actually. The new HID's and LED's are very hard to deal with, with an oncoming vehicle. Been thinking hard about installing a pair of those flamethrowers in the grill of my car and my pickup truck, just in case...lol Great reminder for idiots that don't know what a dimmer switch is... A quick blast of eyeball cookers would get their attention.
The vintage Yanmar alternators made by Hitachi/Denso/Mitsubishi are 35A. Some of the YMxx20 machines have the built in regulator with 40A output. Keeping the power draw within the limits helps.

Lighting isn't too bad on the power draw. The old solenoid type starters are the biggest draw of power. I have a 2500# winch, ti's fine moving the easy stuff. Putting a heavy load on it, I have to increase the engine RPMs.

I did add the rear work light from harbor freight. It has the look and feel of the original Yanmar work light too. For less than $9 with a coupon, it's hard to beat.

This price was in 2020. There is no wattage listing for it. It's a tad brighter than the HM202. So, it's 40W to 50W is my best guess.
Rear-work-light.JPG

Last edited:
   / Replacement Lights
Not withstanding, next time you rattle can something, use masking tape. The end result will be so much better...lol Not to insult you but your grill looks like hell.:p
That was done long before I bought it.
I would put it in the ugliest Yanmar thread but it looks too good from a distance :)

/ Replacement Lights #27  
That was done long before I bought it.
I would put it in the ugliest Yanmar thread but it looks too good from a distance :)
Oh, the over spray is just the primer coat. ;)

When you remove the grill, touch it with a little sanding, and make it rattle can semi-gloss black, it will be good as new. :love:

/ Replacement Lights #28  
Make sure you don't use the Plastx it works easy and really good.