Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader?

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #2  
Hi Scotty-

Sorry to hear about your loader.

I don't think it would be a drop-in replacement, but I did replace my loader valve recently. It turned into a fiasco because I was trying use a front-mounted pump and separate tank. I couldn't get that to work so I ended up back with the standard setup. You can read the whole sage here if you want. But the upshot is the Brand valve I purchased (about $200 if I remember right) works nicely. I've got a couple leaks I need to fix by tightening things but haven't gotten round to it yet. Otherwise it's a big improvement- curl, dump, regen, and float. I suppose I could get demanding and as for more speed, but it's bearable.

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #3  
   / Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader?
Good idea Winston - I will check in with them to see what they are using as a replacement. I have found this one that might do the trick:

LV22RFSTKAB | Hydraulic Ship

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #5  
   / Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #6  
I believe he said the Tilt. I'm Guessing the bucket. So Tech You can't Dump it. That would be a good one.

Attachments

• Broken Valve.jpg
    Broken Valve.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 217
What I will call "the tilt rod attachment point" broke off. I really didn't even consider fixing it because I want to get PB and float in a new loader valve.

Normde - I was being silly when I said "took a dump" which I meant that it crapped out and was trying to be funny since the spool that was affected was the tilt down (dump) and up of the bucket.

You can see where it broke in this picture:

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #8  
Heck that looks like a welding shop could make a better replacement for that broken part.

But I agree, if you're lacking float then replacing that with a competent valve is worthwhile. Another optional feature is Regeneration, I think that re-routes dump fluid into the dump side of the piston to dump faster. I didn't pay the extra $100 for that on my replacement.

Here's a thread where I asked all the dumb beginner questions re choosing and installing a new loader valve. Over 100 replies. Maybe something there will help you get yours set up. That thread includes a link to a similar discussion, there's more info as you read through that. Also note in those threads the back n forth between purists saying 'you can't do that' and others saying 'its worked like that for 30 years, what's the problem'. I decided to set up the replacement like the original and skip adding PB, after considering all the opinions. It works fine.

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #9  
Missed that link. BLB Control Valve distributors are everywhere. Find one that has your valve.

Just an interim update. And Thanks California for that thread - It is a good read and full of great info. I plan on running my new loader valve with PB to the 3pt. I have the Hoye power steering kit installed and when I went through that I found multiple places that can be used as a return to the tank on my tractor.

So, BLB is primarily in Italy, there are three distributors in the US- I called Beieler who is a BLB distributor and who I have worked with before and they told me that they dont even stock the parts so it all has to be ordered and then shipped overseas. I am more comfortable buying something that is off the shelf and more common. So I am not going with a BLB replacement. I did call VN tractors - twice - the parts guy was not available and the person taking messages struggled with taking my phone number down correctly. I doubt I will get a call back in any event.

So I puled the trigger on a Brand Joystick loader valve with regen, float and PB kit. I think it might be the same one Wooly purchased.

More details to follow.