replacement rops for jd2305

/ replacement rops for jd2305 #21  
I put the femco on my 2210 about 3 years ago. It was a simple remove and replace installation, and everything from the old ROPS moved right over. The paint has held up well and I have had not issues with folding/using etc.

I'm not an engineer, but from what I could see, there is no difference in strength. The hinges are well-made and on par with Deere's folding rops on their larger tractors.

I have zero safety concerns with the femco versus the factory rops.

/ replacement rops for jd2305 #22  
My 4110 came with a foldable rops and I wouldn't have it any other way. Don't believe I would be cutting, welding, and altering one with the legal problems associated with it.

/ replacement rops for jd2305 #23  
joes_427_vette said:
My 4110 came with a foldable rops and I wouldn't have it any other way. Don't believe I would be cutting, welding, and altering one with the legal problems associated with it.

Interesting thing is I see many pictures posted here with the rops folded down. That could pose some legal issues to.

Note to self...when taking a picture to post...raise the rops first!! :) then lower.

/ replacement rops for jd2305 #26  
davitk said:
Yep RobJ, you are soooo right, a shortend ROPS is much safer than a folded ROPS. I intend to cut the top half of mine when it gets warmer (I am such a woos) and put it UP for the first time since taking delivery. :D

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa93/davitk/DSCN0382.jpg

(hope my mother-in-law doesn't see this post) ;)

hehe, saftey police gonna be all over you man!! :D :D